Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW3.0 upgrade for basic AP owners now free?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I made an appt through the app, and got a confirmation back saying the estimate is for $1075 incl tax, today (Sunday). It’d be sweet if, like some, if it gets changed to $0. I’ll see how this goes.

At no point did I see a charge, I would cancel that and go through the subscription section.

Attachments

• D56EF068-097A-43E3-A859-EC2F412D80CA.png
    D56EF068-097A-43E3-A859-EC2F412D80CA.png
    338.3 KB · Views: 143
2018 w/EAP here, got the $0.00 estimate (approved it) for install Friday morning.

I'm guessing they're quietly starting to upgrade to HW3.0 to hopefully avoid running so many forks of software.

Also, someone theorized it may be HW3.5- the invoice says specifically HW3.0, with a P/N that goes back to 2020 (currently revision K)

Will report back if it's successful..

2018 w/EAP here, got the $0.00 estimate (approved it) for install Friday morning.

I'm guessing they're quietly starting to upgrade to HW3.0 to hopefully avoid running so many forks of software.

Also, someone theorized it may be HW3.5- the invoice says specifically HW3.0, with a P/N that goes back to 2020 (currently revision K)

Will report back if it's successful..
Good luck, hopefully it goes through.

Yes 100% free. I’m now on Tesla vision after updating to 2022.24.8 and I can tell you on my commute it was was more confident on interchanges than the previous NoA software stack. Yet to have issues with wipers or auto high beams or phantom breaking but it’s only been 2 days and ~50 miles on autopilot.
Unrelated to the cost of the upgrade topic, but I'm glad to see you post this. I was driving ours this weekend, in dark/daylight and rain/dry conditions and noticed both wipers and auto high beams (which I usually keep turned off, but reset to on somehow) were much better with 2022.24.8. I have also noticed that it had kept tracking a bit farther left in the after an update or two a few months back, to the point it just seemed too close to me, and now it is back to a very nice lane position. No phantom braking issues on the trip.

Reactions: Vol16
Tried and failed. They would only do it for the 1K charge. Has anyone with EA been able to do this successfully without the charge?
I think if emptyspaces gets it for $0, he may be the first EAP owner in this thread to get it. Should probably start a poll, just to find out if everyone getting the chip upgrade for $0 are upgrading from AP.

Reactions: dek526
I think if emptyspaces gets it for $0, he may be the first EAP owner in this thread to get it. Should probably start a poll, just to find out if everyone getting the chip upgrade for $0 are upgrading from AP.
I've probably forgotten the timeline, but who has "AP" and HW2.5?

Wasn't it either you paid for EAP or got nothing up until April 2019, and at that point they both switched to HW3 and made AP standard while holding back a few EAP features for FSD (summon, NoA)?

Super weird if the people that are getting it for free are those that paid nothing, and those that paid $3K+ still have to pay, particularly since they have more features already than those that didn't pay.

Reactions: astigmat
So after following this thread for a while and after many different quotes from SC near me. I decided to try SD since i notice the guys on here that got it are from SD and to my surprise, it worked. I got an appt for wednesday, i added cabin filter change and hw 2.5 to 3.0. All they charged me for is the cabin filter so far and yes I AM ON EAP. So fingers crossed that it is going to be free this wednesday...

So after following this thread for a while and after many different quotes from SC near me. I decided to try SD since i notice the guys on here that got it are from SD and to my surprise, it worked. I got an appt for wednesday, i added cabin filter change and hw 2.5 to 3.0. All they charged me for is the cabin filter so far and yes I AM ON EAP. So fingers crossed that it is going to be free this wednesday...
What does SD mean?

• Funny
Reactions: KenC and Wennfred