Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HyperVolt Charge Points [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still on the fence about which EV charger to buy when my car arrives. Would you guys still recommend the hypervolt despite the wifi issues and app not tracking energy prices correctly? Others have pushed me toward the Gen3 TWC but I like the idea of a smart charger and I may install solar at some point..
I’ve had A Hypervolt for around 6 months and it’s been flawless so far with no Wi-Fi issues. WiFi signal is weak in my garage, but HV stays connected. Haven‘t checked if any software updates.

Haven’t had any major issues with ours, has been very reliable so far. (Nearly 8 months now). Few small software niggles initially that were sorted very quickly by HV customer support.

Echo everything said above by browellm. It’s hard to beat for the cost, and looks great too.

I’ve recommended them to everyone we know who has been buying an ev.

Just had my Hypervolt installed with the 7.5m option cable @ £1020 in Hertfordshire.

Can only comment on form (rather than function as car not here) at this stage but looks really impressive. App looks good as well!

Installed with an Ethernet cable. App is quick.

Attachments

• ev.png
    ev.png
    549.4 KB · Views: 109
Hypervolt developers probably time travelled to Oct 2022 to capture future price hike to calculate these astronomical figures. :)

On a serious note, I don’t think it will ever be bug free until their developers stop making such school boy errors.

I had this issue, initially, I went to the settings to see if they had addressed the fixed 14p flat rate issue and came back to the home screen all was well again
Just checked but no luck. Looking at past reviews on app store, this is an age old problem. If they haven't managed to fix it until now, surely there is something fundamentally wrong with the unit's ability to capture usage stats.

Hypervolt developers probably time travelled to Oct 2022 to capture future price hike to calculate these astronomical figures. :)

On a serious note, I don’t think it will ever be bug free until their developers stop making such school boy errors.
So the 'last session' figure is completely broken, however if you go into the 'Energy Usage' tab and sort by month, those figures are now calculating correctly. Some progress I suppose.

Anyone updated mobile app on iOS today? Is it me or any of you experiencing a new feature (bug) in main screen that shows amount charged in thousands £ when it should be in single digits?
Doesn't seem to be a recent update to the Android app - costs seem to be stuck at the same (14p ?) level still.
Yes. Its only the Energy Usage tab which seems to calculate correctly. Whether the charge in kwh is correct or not, we will never be able to tell.
I'll believe the usage in kWh, when charging and comparing the energy the Hypervolt app is reporting roughly 15% more than the Tesla app, which seems believable regarding charging losses, etc.

Doesn't seem to be a recent update to the Android app - costs seem to be stuck at the same (14p ?) level still.
Android update just landed, at first glance the historical and last-charge costs now look correct. Excellent.

Unless you expect it to keep track of historical energy costs and use them for historical costs, which is probably a bit much to expect in fairness.

Android update just landed, at first glance the historical and last-charge costs now look correct. Excellent.

Unless you expect it to keep track of historical energy costs and use them for historical costs, which is probably a bit much to expect in fairness.
There was a second update on iOS yesterday which seems to have fixed the calculation and consistency of amounts between tabs issues. Numbers are correct after I performed a charge. Let’s see how long this will last. 🤞

There are other issues still such as unable to stop the charge while it’s plugged in. Let’s see how long this will take them to fix.

Reactions: DM206433
Had mine installed yesterday, very simple and works a treat (tested with the installers van)

Long wait until September now for the Tesla
Starting from Peace mode... change to the next LED mode at the end of each month starting this month and by the time you get to the end of the modes you'll have a Tesla plugged into it on 'Turbo' mode :cool:

I have two Hypervolts installed about a month apart and managed to get a newer hardware version for the second one - I had all the wifi problems on the newer model despite having the latest firmware. The story I got was they had supply chain issues and were forced to use a different USB wifi dongle than they'd used before

Anyway, using the Facebook group that others have mentioned I found Hypervolt had set up a WhatsApp contact specifically for wifi issues - the number is 07305 084806. They were able to connect to my charger and switch it to using the raspberry pi onboard wifi instead of the dongle. It's been flawless for me since, from dropping out every 12 hours it's been connected solidly now for six weeks

If you're having any issues I'd recommend messaging them, their customer service really is good and they can fix this stuff

Reactions: Pants