Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HyperVolt Charge Points [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have two Hypervolts installed about a month apart and managed to get a newer hardware version for the second one - I had all the wifi problems on the newer model despite having the latest firmware. The story I got was they had supply chain issues and were forced to use a different USB wifi dongle than they'd used before

Anyway, using the Facebook group that others have mentioned I found Hypervolt had set up a WhatsApp contact specifically for wifi issues - the number is 07305 084806. They were able to connect to my charger and switch it to using the raspberry pi onboard wifi instead of the dongle. It's been flawless for me since, from dropping out every 12 hours it's been connected solidly now for six weeks

If you're having any issues I'd recommend messaging them, their customer service really is good and they can fix this stuff
Thank you, that’s really useful. I’ll monitor it and if it drops out again I’ll contact them via WhatsApp and hope for a resolution.

Reactions: muhsec
A friend of mine has just had a Hypervolt installed on but can’t get it to connect to her Sky router. The signal is strong. Does anyone know if it only connects to 2.4GHZ or 5GHZ or either?
Newer models have a wifi extender plugged into the Raspberry Pi which is what runs the charger - this connects to both 2.4 or 5, but as you will see through previous posts on this thread there have been some firmware issues, with varying fixes provided, and sometimes using 2.4 only helps.

If it's an old-new stock model or something, or the wifi extender has been removed, it will only connect to 2.4ghz.

Primary workarounds are:

1. Try setting up a new SSID, 2.4ghz with only the HV connected to this to avoid it 'roaming'
  2. Try a power line network adapter to give the HV a connection
Did the installer just leave it unconnected? If the unit is in range, and it won't connect or keeps dropping, she needs to contact HV support.

Thanks for your replies. Couldn’t get anything to work, but HV support is available on Saturdays. They said it was a software problem and have, hopefully, pushed a fix. My friend is out beating people up (policewoman) until tonight but she’ll try it when she’s home.

Hypervolt's AU/NZ channel partner recommends that in the event of poor or no WiFi connectivity, after powering off the Hypervolt, if possible connect an ethernet cable from the Raspberry Pi's RJ4 jack to the nearest data-point or if accessible, a vacant RJ45 on the router. Depending on your setup, a long ethernet cable may be required.
Power on the HYPV and wait for it to be registered on the local LAN.
Then call Hypervolt Support and when connected to their Support Staff, mention the Hypervolt serial no and they should be able to see it on their systems, if so, they will pushout a firmware update if it is needed.
After a reboot, they will remotely connect and enter your SSID and PW (that you give them over the phone obviously).

One more reboot you'll have WiFi connectivity.

Hello, total newbie to all things EV here so hope this makes sense, picked up my MYLR three weeks ago and its had no issues with using public chargers.
Had my HyperVolt charger fitted on Friday and it does appears to be charging fine although prior to charging the car will show a charging speed of 16a then once it starts charging go down to 10a, 2kwh and won't increase. The option to increase from 10a is grey'd out on the car and can't be increased, I'm I doing something wrong on the car side or could it be the charger? thanks.

What is the max current limit set to in the hypervolt settings

Attachments

• 239121B0-5B6D-4FD4-9184-948F69C93DB1.png
    239121B0-5B6D-4FD4-9184-948F69C93DB1.png
    73 KB · Views: 68
Sorry should have included that, the app is set to max (32a), if I drop the app setting below 10a the car will follow but won’t increase past 10a on the way up, working nights all weekend so haven’t had a chance to phone HV yet just hoping I’d missed something easy, appreciate the reply

It is in boost mode. Not at home just now, complete novice but is it obvious if the CT clamp is not the right way round? thanks
Call their support.

To answer your question, yes. It has an arrow on it, if it’s on the live, the arrow should point down the cable towards the consumer unit, if it’s on the neutral, it should point away from the consumer unit.

Has anyone had problems with the analytics in their app since the issues with the app a few weeks back? Mine was adding new charges to the same date (I have 282kw charge on 13th March) and now it seems to have stopped all together

Not sure if already posted but here's my take on connectivity issues

Fix hypervolt WiFi: or how I learned to stop listening to their support

Have had on/off issues since install in early 2021 which have significantly deteriorated over the last month

Got to a point where I assume the internal timings were completely incorrect, meaning it would only charge between 11:43 and 16:43 - essentially meaning I was unable to charge my car as I was at work!

I couldn't access any settings through the app and even despite siting an access point literally adjacent to the charger it would not connect (this is after 2y of it "sort of" working - intermittently require manual reconnection)

Spoke to support who were earnest but just plain unhelpful - yes funny I have tried turning it on and off and all usual troubleshooting if you read the email I sent you detailing everything.

After manual firmware install hoping that would solve the issue (nope) I got fed up and started looking at running ethernet cable to it (45m run, and very impractical but my only solution)

I took the cover off to inspect the port and how to get it through the glands correctly - and lo and behold hypervolt are using some cheapo usb WiFi adapter. It looks awful, glue coming out of parts of the housing. I know raspberry pi boards have their own so just unplugged it and turned back on - yes onboard is working. Magically it IMMEDIATELY connects without issue to network. I turn off the adjacent WiFi access point and it even connects to my access point inside the house.

I cannot believe how utterly trash their WiFi adapter is and how simple this fix was after so much time.

Posting here in case anyone like me runs across a similar forum - if you have a hypervolt home 2.0 that has WiFi issues I urge you to unplug their crappy usb WiFi adapter.

• Informative
Reactions: Pants and MrBadger
Not sure if already posted but here's my take on connectivity issues

Fix hypervolt WiFi: or how I learned to stop listening to their support

Have had on/off issues since install in early 2021 which have significantly deteriorated over the last month

Got to a point where I assume the internal timings were completely incorrect, meaning it would only charge between 11:43 and 16:43 - essentially meaning I was unable to charge my car as I was at work!

I couldn't access any settings through the app and even despite siting an access point literally adjacent to the charger it would not connect (this is after 2y of it "sort of" working - intermittently require manual reconnection)

Spoke to support who were earnest but just plain unhelpful - yes funny I have tried turning it on and off and all usual troubleshooting if you read the email I sent you detailing everything.

After manual firmware install hoping that would solve the issue (nope) I got fed up and started looking at running ethernet cable to it (45m run, and very impractical but my only solution)

I took the cover off to inspect the port and how to get it through the glands correctly - and lo and behold hypervolt are using some cheapo usb WiFi adapter. It looks awful, glue coming out of parts of the housing. I know raspberry pi boards have their own so just unplugged it and turned back on - yes onboard is working. Magically it IMMEDIATELY connects without issue to network. I turn off the adjacent WiFi access point and it even connects to my access point inside the house.

I cannot believe how utterly trash their WiFi adapter is and how simple this fix was after so much time.

Posting here in case anyone like me runs across a similar forum - if you have a hypervolt home 2.0 that has WiFi issues I urge you to unplug their crappy usb WiFi adapter.
Very interesting. Since install over 12 months ago my Hypervolt has refused to maintain Wi-Fi connectivity. I reboot it, and sometimes it only keeps the connection for a few minutes before dropping out again. I’ll open it up tomorrow and have a look inside.