Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HyperVolt Charge Points [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My WiFi didn't work properly when it was first installed, resolved this with a quick call to customer support who had me power cycle the charger and then push a firmware update out to it. Been working perfectly ever since
This is exactly what I was hoping for as I'd read a few posts. I had firmware from 2021 "which should update itself" but without a stable connection it was unable to.

Finally removing the dongle and using the RPI4 own board seems to have fixed.

I'm even getting much better strength from my access point at the furthest part of the house - it couldn't even see this before

Reactions: Ashdeman
Didn't want to start a new thread. Just wondered if anyone has managed to do any automation with Hypervolt.
In particular I'd want it to turn on the LED's at night as I approach the house. ( I already have hue outdoor motion sensor).

Tried using Alexa routine but as the Hypervolt integration uses an Alexa skill its pretty rubbish

Or does everyone not bother with the LED 😂

I have a Hypervolt Home 2.0 and was wondering if it is worth upgrading in place from the 2.0 to the 3.0 pro? Or if there is another charger which is a new frontrunner to Hypervolt?

The wiring is all in place, so it would just be a simple electricians job to swap one for the other... and Hypervolt do a 20% discount for people upgrading. Of course, there is the downside that I would fall under the "up to 10 mins delay", but I don't do a lot of mileage and on most trips can charge in less than the 4 hour window of Octopus Go anyway.

I do have solar, but being in the UK, it has to be a very sunny day with the battery full for the "Super Eco" to really be beneficial.

TIA for any insight/advice.

No. It currently does nothing your existing charge point doesn’t already do. Don’t buy anything on the promise of a future software update.

If you’ve got a tesla, move to ‘Intelligent Go’ it’s 6 hours at 7.5p instead of 4 hours at 9p on ‘regular Go’.

If you want to swap it for anything, swap it for a Zappi which can now integrate directly with Octopus and you can automate the switching between solar and intelligent charging.

As far as I am aware Hypervolt have had the ability to change the charge mode on a schedule on the ‘to do list’ for a while. When I say a while, I mean >1 year, probably more like 2 now.

No. It currently does nothing your existing charge point doesn’t already do. Don’t buy anything on the promise of a future software update.

If you’ve got a tesla, move to ‘Intelligent Go’ it’s 6 hours at 7.5p instead of 4 hours at 9p on ‘regular Go’.

If you want to swap it for anything, swap it for a Zappi which can now integrate directly with Octopus and you can automate the switching between solar and intelligent charging.

As far as I am aware Hypervolt have had the ability to change the charge mode on a schedule on the ‘to do list’ for a while. When I say a while, I mean >1 year, probably more like 2 now.
You make a good point there. Many of the "Coming Soon" features on my Home 2.0 (which was installed in 2021) still are not present today. I will have a think, thanks.

I will look into the Intelligent Go when my Tariff is up for renewal next year (they added exit fees when I renewed Go this year).

You should be able to move between intelligent go and basic go penalty free. I’d call them get get them to clarify, Go is a variable tariff now, unless they have changed it again since.
I'll have a word with them and see, would make sense as I can link the Car and then still configure my solar battery to charge between 11:30 and 5:30 on a schedule through winter.

What I would be curious about is whether I can still charge in the summer off of Solar (Super Eco) if Intelligent Go is controlling charging through the car.

What I would be curious about is whether I can still charge in the summer off of Solar (Super Eco) if Intelligent Go is controlling charging through the car.

I suspect it probably would stop the charge, but it is very easy to disable smart charging in the Octopus app - just an on/off toggle.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231214-103945.png
    Screenshot_20231214-103945.png
    304.9 KB · Views: 26
Why would you use solar to charge the car when you can export it for 15p?

As for HyperVolt, why pay them even more money for a charger that does nothing more than the one you’ve got does? It’s not as if their track records gives you any confidence that they’ll actually deliver any of the promised new features.

Once the new GivEnergy charger has IO support I’m binning mine off and getting one of those to replace it

Reactions: ringi
So have had my Hypervolt for coming up to 2 years now and its gone a horrible yellow colour, anyone tried to clean it with anything to get it back to how it was ?

Is it plastic? There are loads of videos about cleaning/whitening yellowed plastic on computer cases etc so may be worth a look. If that didn't work I would turn it dark using spray paint if it was me ... unless it's still under warranty.