Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HyperVolt Charge Points [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi @jon8oy86 - happy to confirm I have a Hypervolt 2.0 charge point installed for my 2021 M3LR and it works a treat. Brilliant charger and app.

I made a video of the install if you’re interested. Just lookup ‘thatmarkgilroy’ on YouTube and it’s one of my latest videos.

Well worth booking it in soon as the government OLEV grant won’t be around forever.
Good vid, just gaves it a thumbs up 👍

Reactions: markgyork
Hypervolt units in the U.K. had an OTA firmware update last night. Ours didn’t schedule charge as it should have, quick call to brilliant customer service and all sorted with a clear and reboot from their end.

New colours added to the led modes recently also (Halloween, red alert and turbo boost which looks very KITT like!) 😙
How to find out the firmware version of my Hypervolt unit?

Hi, I had my Hypervolt installed this week and as I will be charging at off-peak times with Octopus Go, the installer recommended that I should schedule the charging on the car rather than the charger.

Dose everyone else do it that way?

Well I have a Tesla Wall Charger so can only use the car schedule. Never had a problem. Occasionally exceed the 4 hour 5p/kW limit if I've been on a road trip but the difference is peanuts when looking at petrol prices...

With this being a smart charger I assumed people would be using the schedule function on the charger instead. But I guess not, well that's what the installer was suggesting.

Suck it and see. Should work both ways. If you use the charge point schedule just make sure that you can still manually ask the car to pre-warm outside of that schedule. This covers for the scenario where you want to only routinely charge between XX:XX and XX:XX but you also want to be able to ask the car to pre-warm (via the Tesla app) and use power from the charge point in the morning without additional messing about. It also allows you to ignore your schedule and just initiate a charge whenever you are plugged in an emergency.

I don't have a Hypervolt but do have scheduling options on my Zappi. In practice I have found that setting the car to start charging at 00:30 suits me just fine so I don't actually use the Zappi schedule. There are some clever tarrifs that require smart coordination between chargepoint and supplier but I don't have one. (I'm on Octopus Go)

Moderator comment - threads merged from "HyperVolt Users" and "Hypervolt installation" as significant thread overlap

The CEO of HyperVolt has posted on Facebook that some Model 3s delivered after September 2nd may have an issue being able to use the HyperVolt charger.

The issue appears to be a change Tesla has made to the charging port latching mechanism being incompatible with the HyperVolt plug. HyperVolt have said they will replace the cables if you have this issue. This doesn’t appear to affect older cars.

Guess I’ll find out tomorrow if I’m affected! His post below for info….
How did go? Does the charger have an issue?

I took look at the Hypervolt web site and a the top of the front page it said . . . . The £350 OZEV grant is ending

Is that true of sales hype?

The official end date is March 2022, so no it’s not sales hype, however it’s possible (but not guaranteed) this will be replaced with a different incentive.

Personally I wouldn’t wait and find out. When the transition picks up momentum to the point that we know it will, there will be no funds or need to incentivise.

Exactly this reason that I’m enjoying 0 road tax whilst it lasts… because it won’t be there forever 😉

Hey everyone, had my Hypervolt installed a few days ago and it looks great! I installed the app and paired it with my unit, but I'm a little concerned that I haven't even used it yet (M3LR doesn't arrive until 30/11) and it's showing a large expenditure already?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211121-125624.png
    Screenshot_20211121-125624.png
    134.9 KB · Views: 149
Hey everyone, had my Hypervolt installed a few days ago and it looks great! I installed the app and paired it with my unit, but I'm a little concerned that I haven't even used it yet (M3LR doesn't arrive until 30/11) and it's showing a large expenditure already?
It's demo data. I contacted support and had them remove it from mine. Daft idea, especially when it's not user editable.