Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I can no longer recommend Tesla. Their Service is the Worst

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Possibly they are looking at reducing costs by making service even less effective.
I see a lot of stories like this. Makes me wonder why the SC needs to have the car while parts are on order. I would much rather have the car in my garage while waiting for parts. In some cases the car is still usable. At the very least I can look at it, keep the dust off, keep it charged.... and enjoy farting while waiting for parts.

Reactions: BBMc
This morning, I got a survey from Tesla asking about my recent repair experience (car out of service for almost 6 months, waiting for a replacement air strut).

Why do they even bother? Are they looking to see how they can make the customer experience even worse than it currently is?
Possibly they are looking at reducing costs by making service even less effective.

I'd like to think they're trying to improve. Tom Zhu took over many North America responsibilities last month, so perhaps step 1 of improving service is instituting a system to determine which service centers (or even individuals) need improvement.

Certainly not *all* service centers and service experiences are bad... so this survey is important to determine what needs to be fixed.

"...Relying on an app to handle service is the worst idea in the world..."

Its a personal preference. For me, so many benefits to Tesla app-based service. #1 I don't have time to waste taking a phone call on the service advisor's schedule. With the Tesla app, I can communicate on my schedule with the service team. #2 The ability to schedule service and provide lots of details. #3 All prior service appointment history is in the app, and within moments get full service history, from app-based conversations with the service tech, to service invoice.

I can't see buying a car where I have paper (!) receipts to keep track of for service history, have to play "phone tag" with a service team member to have a conversation, or not be able to provide precise details of a maintenance concern.

My service history includes trim fix after delivery (10/2018), v2.5 to 3.0 computer upgrade (10/2020), interior camera fix (2 visits--2022), and alignment (6/2022) immediately after installing new tires. Each service visit was easy. Bonus was being at a service center and seeing a Roadster and talking with the regional lead mechanic for Roadsters--super friendly.
Tesla has deleted several of my appointments from the app. If they cancel, they delete it as though it never happened. They did this while I was on my way there, twice. I live over 2 hours away and my husband and I took half a day off to deliver it, since they never have a loaner. We get there and they have cancelled, again. Computers do what their owners program them to do. Customers have no recourse except to screenshot everything and hire a lawyer.

Tesla has deleted several of my appointments from the app. If they cancel, they delete it as though it never happened. They did this while I was on my way there, twice. I live over 2 hours away and my husband and I took half a day off to deliver it, since they never have a loaner. We get there and they have cancelled, again. Computers do what their owners program them to do. Customers have no recourse except to screenshot everything and hire a lawyer.
Sorry to hear about your cancelled service appointments. I personally haven’t had this sort of issue here in NC. Is your issue with your Tesla something that their mobile service can take care of? If so I would use them and this way you’ll save your personal time.

Same experience here. I have the option to drive to the SvC in less than 30 min, but dread the day I need to do so.

Reactions: hydro
In over 3 1/2 years of Tesla ownership I have yet to have any kind of issues with Tesla service whether is be mobile or at the SC. Never failed to provide a loaner either, in fact now I always get a Tesla loaner whereas before they had some ICE cars if they ran out of Teslas so they seem to have increased their loaner fleet. Guess it boils down to where you are located and the particular SC.

In over 3 1/2 years of Tesla ownership I have yet to have any kind of issues with Tesla service whether is be mobile or at the SC. Never failed to provide a loaner either, in fact now I always get a Tesla loaner whereas before they had some ICE cars if they ran out of Teslas so they seem to have increased their loaner fleet. Guess it boils down to where you are located and the particular SC.

That's it. I'm moving to Canada!

You are in a Tesla Desert, where all the good techs want to go...

Same here - I'm also in Canada (close to Toronto to be specific)

Always got a loaner. Twice it was a Tesla, but the remaining 5 or so times (in the last 4 years), I've been able to get a Model S loaner.