TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

I cannot find New Inventory online...

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by SoCalNick, Jun 22, 2018.

1. SoCalNick

SoCalNick Member

When I go to Tesla.com and search on New Inventory.

When I go to EV-CPO, and search on ModelS, New, USA, I get zero inventory.

When I go to teslainventory and search on ModelS Refresh, I get 4 CPO's in the results.

However, others are able search and find inventory models, and then post the links, which I can then see.
    Model S P100D 5YJSA1E46JF254175 | Tesla
    Model S 100D 5YJSA1E29JF242844 | Tesla
    Model S 100D 5YJSA1E28JF244150 | Tesla
    Model S P100D 5YJSA1E44JF254417 | Tesla

Why cannot I find new inventory models when I look?

Attached Files:

2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Call OA they have secret stash’s that don’t show on these sites ...over the years those sites have gotten less accurate ..also on Tesla web it’s based on ur location not nationwide

3. EV-CPO

EV-CPO Vendor

For several months now, Tesla has listed few-to-no new/inventory cars available for sale.

And this is what EV-CPO reflects -- cars actually listed for sale, by Tesla.

There are other links floating around that seem to work, but have never been listed anywhere publicly for sale by Tesla. Many, most, or all of these links represent cars that haven't been built or shipped yet, and may not actually be available for sale once you click "Buy Now". Other sites find these links by hacking the Tesla website for cars never listed for sale. So once you click "buy now" and put down a deposit, don't be surprised if you receive a call from Tesla that those cars are not actually available.

To get the best access to all of Tesla's new/inventory cars listed or not, contact a Sales Associate at a Tesla store or gallery. They have access to a much larger list of cars actually available for sale.

Good luck!

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  4. mongo

mongo Well-Known Member

Tesla is likely holding off sale of the 200kth US car until July for EV tax credit reasons. So there may be an embargo on inventory movement, along with the focus on 3. Also, I'm not sure if it is relevant, but all those links have /used/ in the URL.

5. Oldschool496

Oldschool496 Member

I'm with this person, this is definitely the plan. If it is not then someone at Tesla is real dumb, I doubt it.

Tesla is likely holding off sale of the 200th US car until July for EV tax credit reasons. So there may be an embargo on inventory movement, along with the focus on 3. Also, I'm not sure if it is relevant, but all those links have /used/ in the URL.

Try this, Im not sure where this other guy gets his info, it looks impressive. See below

Tesla Inventory List - Find your next car

You may find your Four listed above in his list.

6. Oldschool496

Oldschool496 Member

This is the best way. Stuff flies in all the time. They have 8 days to sell you a car and they will do it.

• Informative x 1
  7. GeorgeSymonds

GeorgeSymonds Member

Use Tesla US inventory and CPO listings - its the only one that has both used and new inventory and actually has some of both. I disagree with EV-CPO in only showing Tesla listed cars - whats the point of a 3rd party site if they only show what Tesla show now that Tesla have an improved web site?

8. PhaseWhite

PhaseWhite Member

I think you're probably right that they've delisted all the inventory to reduce the variables in the 200k sales limit. That said they should probably add the inventory back right now and just make sure delivery doesn't happen in the next week. That way they can sell the cars starting July 1.

After July 1 I expect inventory to appear but only briefly as the news gets out to the masses about the 200k sale being reached there will be a mad rush for buying up all the Tesla's people can get their hands on. I don't expect much inventory to be available towards Q3/Q4 as Tesla won't be able to produce S/X fast enough to satisfy the rush in demand before the credit is cut in half.

• Like x 1
  9. WesleyM

WesleyM Member

That P90D listed is really interesting. Might be a solid lease deal

10. Rahul

Rahul Member

If it’s the blue one it’s located in HI

11. Oldschool496

Oldschool496 Member

Its been listed for a long time at that same discount. There are a lot of miles on it I recall, someone would have bought it by now if it was any good.

12. WesleyM

WesleyM Member

I think being in Hawaii has been the big issue for most. You’re paying 5k and it’ll probably take 2-3 months to get if you are an east coast person like me. 11k miles is a lot for a “new” car but also affords a big discount and the warranty hasn’t been started so who cares really

13. Oldschool496

Oldschool496 Member

What it looks and feels like in HI is holding is back in that market. By the time it gets shipped and who knows what it'll look like then, moved around and banged up by so many transporters. Its not worth it.

14. WesleyM

WesleyM Member

I think if it got there and was beat to hell you'd have a good chance of either getting it fixed or getting your transport fee back and your deposit moved over. Even as an 11K mile inventory car they know you aren't going to accept any real damage

15. WesleyM

WesleyM Member

Talked to OA today, and they state they will not sell the HI cars to someone on the mainland, even if we provide their own transport. He claims they did it a couple times and it ended up in disaster, so they just don't do it any more. So, if anyone is vacationing any time soon it might be worth a look, if you can arrange your own transport after the fact and they let you buy it at the dealer

• Informative x 1
  16. Oldschool496

Oldschool496 Member

Were you truly interested anyway. Just because you get a large discount has nothing to with if its a good car to own.

17. kcannon

kcannon Member

Why would this car have a 5.2 0-60 as opposed to 4.2? It looks brand new and says it was added in April? Seems weird
    Inventory Search | Tesla

18. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

One of these threads the developer mentioned that Tesla shows description when the car was built ...all 75Ds get the uncork ...so u would get your 4.2:eek:

• Like x 1
  19. WesleyM

WesleyM Member

For that amount of possible discount, yeah it was interesting