Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I don't think Tesla's for me.. :(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If OP likes an S better, he/she may be able to go back to Tesla and negotiate a trade in. 3s keep their resale value, and it may not be that much of a hit.

The whole comparison of monthly lease prices on this thread misses the point. If one lease is cheaper by $200 a month and lessee put down $5K upfront, that same lessee would ask for most of that back from lease acquiror anyway if transferring a few months into the lease.

As for interior opulence, I personally prefer the large screen, technology over a bunch of buttons and gadgetry displayed in typical ICE cars. Obviously, we all have our own personal preferences.

Reactions: silenteski
If OP likes an S better, he/she may be able to go back to Tesla and negotiate a trade in. 3s keep their resale value, and it may not be that much of a hit.

The whole comparison of monthly lease prices on this thread misses the point. If one lease is cheaper by $200 a month and lessee put down $5K upfront, that same lessee would ask for most of that back from lease acquiror anyway if transferring a few months into the lease.

As for interior opulence, I personally prefer the large screen, technology over a bunch of buttons and gadgetry displayed in typical ICE cars. Obviously, we all have our own personal preferences.
"most of it". There is my negotiating tool. If I was desperate to get out of my lease I would not ask for any down payment. I have $0-$4000 negotiating room to sweeten the deal. Op on the other hand has just monthly figure which is the maximum.

I'm glad to hear that about the seats, as I was a little concerned about that. The leather seats in my Mazda are perforated and comfortable in summer (black interior) while my daughter's MINI Cooper has vinyl seats that are brutal (especially with the pano sunroof and ineffective sunshade). I know the interiors are 'vegan' so what are the seats actually made of?

Some kind of synthetic leather. To me, it feels a little like leatherette. Best to see it for yourself.

Model 3 seats look weird, possibly even cheap - but they sure matter where it counts - "great butt comfort"! Call me simplistic, but a seat is to cradle your butt - not look expensive and luxurious. I've had Porsches and Mercedes that had seats that looked good and luxurious, but my butt didn't quite care for them.

Too much emphasis on luxury these days. In a Model 3, you have performance - and that is what a car is built to do. With a Tesla you are also buying technology, not pretty seats with 12 settings of butt warming. You won't get that technology in an expensive luxury car - but rather you will get faux technology. So, what do people want - faux leather or faux technology?

In a way, Tesla is still an experiment - but the technology and performance are unparalleled. Sure, we have to deal with less than perfect fit and finish, less than perfect service and repair - but we do get really nice cars that are a pleasure to drive. Most people do not buy Tesla's to impress other people.

On the few occasions I have had people ride in my Model 3, they have been impressed with the comfort of the seats (at least at first). So their butts are talking. Next they are impressed with the driving and technology. That's coming from their brains. Never have I had anyone look at it as something that was an expensive purchase to be envied.

and raising cattle, feeding cattle with soy you need to grow and slaughtering cattle, processing it and hauling everything around doesn't require petroleum products? ;)

Of course it does, I was just poking some fun.

One could argue that using oil for producing synthetic products is a better usage than burning it.

Crawl, walk, run. The idea is to reduce and eventually end our dependence on petroleum. Got to start somewhere.

Honestly we will always use petroleum products, it’s used in almost everything and that’s fine. If we can stop burning it we cut our use to a tiny fraction of what it is today and the ecology gets to start healing itself without all the emissions.