Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I emailed Tesla about Spotify...spread the word!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot attached of the conversation.

Basically, we need to spam [email protected] with a Spotify Feature request for US vehicles. It is IMPORTANT to note that we are not requesting Tesla to pay for Premium Spotify accounts like they do for Slacker. We simply want the option to sign into our own Spotify premium accounts to use as a Streaming option.

Here is some boiler plate text you can use:

"I am submitting a feature request to add Spotify as a streaming option, in place of, or alongside Slacker, for U.S. Teslas. To clarify, I am not requesting Tesla pay for a premium account for me, like you do with Slacker. I am simply asking for the option to log into my own premium account. The experience of being able to use Spotify like I currently use Slacker would be far better and safer than just listening via Bluetooth, like I do currently.

Many people prefer Spotify, and a number of petitions have been created, such as this one: https://www.change.org/p/tesla-motors-enable-spotify-on-u-s-tesla-cars. Spotify, in general, has more music availability than Slacker, and the ranking algorithms for curating stations is far superior. Please consider this request.

Kind regards,
NAME"

Please comment if you have suggestions for a better boilerplate.

Attachments

• spotify_tesla.png
    spotify_tesla.png
    80.4 KB · Views: 264
  • Funny
Reactions: P85_DA and ckoval7

Basically, we need to spam [email protected] with a Spotify Feature request for US vehicles. It is IMPORTANT to note that we are not requesting Tesla to pay for Premium Spotify accounts like they do for Slacker. We simply want the option to sign into our own Spotify premium accounts to use as a Streaming option.

"I am submitting a feature request to add Spotify as a streaming option, in place of, or alongside Slacker, for U.S. Teslas. To clarify, I am not requesting Tesla pay for a premium account for me, like you do with Slacker. I am simply asking for the option to log into my own premium account. The experience of being able to use Spotify like I currently use Slacker would be far better and safer than just listening via Bluetooth, like I do currently.

Many people prefer Spotify, and a number of petitions have been created, such as this one: https://www.change.org/p/tesla-motors-enable-spotify-on-u-s-tesla-cars. Spotify, in general, has more music availability than Slacker, and the ranking algorithms for curating stations is far superior. Please consider this request.

Kind regards,
NAME"

I will reach out. Thanks for posting this!!! Great idea

Surprisingly I got a 24 hr turnaround on this inquiry.
Tesla Support said:
Thank you for contacting Tesla Customer Support with your suggestion about Spotify. We appreciate your feedback, and will forward it to our Feature Request team for consideration in future updates. We cannot promise that this feature will be available, but our team reviews every customer request seriously.
TL;DR: "Don't get your hopes up, kid."

To clarify, I am not requesting Tesla pay for a premium account for me, like you do with Slacker. I am simply asking for the option to log into my own premium account.
Maybe it has something to do with the data costs?
Anyway if you read on here in Spotify threads you'll notice a trend that most of the time it doesn't work, it seems to be a function that Tesla manage to disable with most software updates. Or like in software version 2018.48.12 if you tried to use Spotify it actually caused the MCU to freeze and you had to reset it.....do you really want that feature ;)

I have not even taken delivery of my MS90D and I send my E-mail!
got a replay today "Hi Ron,

Thank you for contacting Tesla. I apologize for the delay in response. I have documented your suggestions and forwarded on for review. We are constantly improving the Tesla experience for our owners and your feedback is invaluable for this endeavor. Thank you for taking the time to let us know and thank you for being a Tesla owner.

Best regards,"

So not holding my breath

Reactions: dark cloud
Can someone asked tesla tnd did they replied officially why no Spotify for North American tesla owners and europe they have it?

Is simple Elon started tesla and maybe Bought shares in slacker but they faced issue as slacker not licensed in Europe so they got lucky, even slacker is they try to penetrate Europe europe no one will sing up.

It is a tesla Scam Slacker. I hate my tesla because i am forced to use slacker, and yes music is something important for me, and via bluetooth from my my phone is not very good as if you receive a phone call it override the music, so i am stuck on using tunein only. And my phone headset, it is a preference i i do not like to talk on my phone over bluetooth bnd peolme are with me in the car , but thanks Elon for this scam ;)

• Funny
Reactions: anthonyj
Can someone asked tesla tnd did they replied officially why no Spotify for North American tesla owners and europe they have it?
We get Spotify here in Australia too, but we have no web browser option. There's more to the decisions than Tesla just selectively choosing who gets what, for the US I would say it probably did come down to a financial decision.
But don't fret, most of the time Spotify hardly works in the car and if it does it is glitchy so you're not missing much.

Many people prefer Spotify, and a number of petitions have been created, such as this one: Sign the Petition. Spotify, in general, has more music availability than Slacker, and the ranking algorithms for curating stations is far superior. Please consider this request.

Kind regards,
NAME"

Hey there! I am glad I came across your post. I just did a video on YouTube about this. I linked this discussion and the petition. Hopefully the video goes viral, lol. I see the petition is almost at 5,000 signatures. Fingers crossed.

Lots of tweets to Elon would likely be better. A big issue with Slacker on the 3 is that unlike the S where they gave you the login you could use it at home and if you change cars or have more than one you can't use the same login since In the 3 they don't give you a login account. My guess is Slacker cut Tesla a great deal so they have an exclusive and we won't see Slacker unless that ends. You don't need any special software to run Spotify in a Model 3 just Tesla to allow the login into the car and it will work.