Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I had no idea insurance was so much!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Colorado ..

Tesla Insurance.jpg

48yr old male no accidents or tickets with AAA $2300 per yr. More than 2x higher than my accord and 2x higher than my wifes 15' tahoe.

We insure two Model 3's one LR and one P3D for less than that together. We have the highest coverage they offer, uninsured motorist, new vehicle full replacement, yadda, yadda, yadda. We each have one speeding ticket on our driving records but we are 55 and 56.

Time to switch carriers.

• Informative
Reactions: DDotJ
Insurance rates are often determined by complex algorithms that makes comparisons impossible, and can vary down to the zip code if not your neighborhood,

My rates went up (net) $5 a month when I traded a 2017 Fiat Abarth 124 for my 3. The 3 is worth almost 2x as much as it was, so I consider that fair. My spare Prius goes away tomorrow and that’ll save me about $25 a month. Still own a Prius c (wife) and older Silverado for boat/home depot/trash duties. Also have a Triumph Bonneville and boat with the same provider.

And this is Allstate, which some have said isn’t Tesla friendly.

Unfortunately these comparisons mean next to nothing. Algos make comparing notes nearly useless.

Reactions: SageBrush
$70/month for my 3 at Geico with multi car and multi line discount. Helps that I'm out of the high risk age group now.
That is very close to what I pay for my 3 with all the bells and whistles coverage at Geico. I also have a $1M umbrella policy with Geico that costs around $150 per year. I have been with them for years and they have always been fair and responsive to me.

Reactions: tfan2018
I had Allstate. They wanted to charge me $900/6mos additional for the Model 3. I switched to Geico and it's now cheaper to insure three cars including the Tesla than what I was paying in total to Allstate for just two.

$1257/6mos for these cars
2006 Audi S4
2014 Acura MDX
2018 Tesla Model 3

We also live in Los Angeles where insurance isn't cheap.