TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

I have Searched Everywhere Now Need Your Help !!! EU type 2 to j1772

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by Fares Almazrooei, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Fares Almazrooei

Fares Almazrooei Desert T

2. AndY1

AndY1 Member

#2 AndY1, Feb 20, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
    Yes, that should work.
    I use that exact cable to charge my Ampera (GM Volt1). The charging protocol is exactly the same, except, that the EU Type2 plug has two more pins for 3 phase charging. The cable adapter eliminates other 2 phases and brings only one phase to the J1772 plug.

Check that image: http://www.delo.si/assets/media/picture/20130809/Kolesa__DSC_1100_hires.jpeg2.jpeg?rev=1

The back (solid white) Ampera is mine and the front Ampera was for review. We used my cable to charge the review Ampera. The charging station is 2 plugs with 3 phase 32A connection, that's 22kW total per plug. The type2 plug goes into the charging station and the J1772 plug goes into Ampera.

Edit: If you had the EU Model S, you would be able to charge your Model S directly from your type2 charging stations you have there and you would have triple charging speed.

• Dislike x 1
  3. Fares Almazrooei

Fares Almazrooei Desert T

thank you

i have ordered the cable and adaptor

will update you