Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I have Searched Everywhere Now Need Your Help !!! EU type 2 to j1772

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, that should work.
I use that exact cable to charge my Ampera (GM Volt1). The charging protocol is exactly the same, except, that the EU Type2 plug has two more pins for 3 phase charging. The cable adapter eliminates other 2 phases and brings only one phase to the J1772 plug.

Check that image: http://www.delo.si/assets/media/picture/20130809/Kolesa__DSC_1100_hires.jpeg2.jpeg?rev=1

The back (solid white) Ampera is mine and the front Ampera was for review. We used my cable to charge the review Ampera. The charging station is 2 plugs with 3 phase 32A connection, that's 22kW total per plug. The type2 plug goes into the charging station and the J1772 plug goes into Ampera.

Edit: If you had the EU Model S, you would be able to charge your Model S directly from your type2 charging stations you have there and you would have triple charging speed.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Edmond
Yes, that should work.
I use that exact cable to charge my Ampera (GM Volt1). The charging protocol is exactly the same, except, that the EU Type2 plug has two more pins for 3 phase charging. The cable adapter eliminates other 2 phases and brings only one phase to the J1772 plug.

Check that image: http://www.delo.si/assets/media/picture/20130809/Kolesa__DSC_1100_hires.jpeg2.jpeg?rev=1

The back (solid white) Ampera is mine and the front Ampera was for review. We used my cable to charge the review Ampera. The charging station is 2 plugs with 3 phase 32A connection, that's 22kW total per plug. The type2 plug goes into the charging station and the J1772 plug goes into Ampera.

Edit: If you had the EU Model S, you would be able to charge your Model S directly from your type2 charging stations you have there and you would have triple charging speed.

thank you

i have ordered the cable and adaptor

will update you