Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I ordered an brand new X OMG!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Separate topic sorry. When I ordered the car they said the car would take 3 weeks to be ready. Is that accurate? I live in ny

Maybe. But I sure would not sell a car in anticipation of getting a new car. Unless it is from inventory, you first get assigned a VIN, and they they assign delivery date. There can weeks in between these events.

I just called them because I havent received financing approval yet. I am a little nervous because I always have a hard time getting loans. I am debt free aside from the mortgages on my investment properties with an 800 credit score. But because I am self employed a lot of banks dont like that. The Tesla rep told me that I have been denied by 2 of the 4 banks they use so far. It really sucks. I have the income and I have no car loan currently. Im really hoping 1 of the other 2 come through for me. I applied at my local bank that I do all of my business with and they even denied me. Sucks.

But if it does go through my ship date from Tesla is the 28th. Then it takes 6-8 days to get to NY. Thankfully because I live so far from the Tesla dealer in Mount Kisko NY they are going to ship it to my door for free!

Am I crazy?

As someone who designs tech products in Silicon Valley, I would say that you did the right thing going for the Raven instead of spending $65K on a used, previous generation hardware. I agree that it would have costed you less, but with technology evolving as fast as it does at Tesla, it doesn't make much sense to spend your hard earned dollars on anything but the latest and greatest. Newer Software Updates will inevitably become incompatible with older hardware at some point. Try selling that line if your wife still isn't on board with this... :)

I ordered mine last week 08/09. Long Range, Midnight Silver, 7 seats, FSD. Haven't gotten the VIN yet. I live within 20 miles of the Fremont factory, so I am looking to take advantage of their factory tour sometime this week. Kids always wanted that.

I usually lease my cars, but in this case it works out too expensive mainly because Tesla doesn't give any upfront discounts off MSRP. So thinking of financing. Tesla's 4.25% seems awful. I can get 3.45% from a local credit union.

How did you get the 3.24% from Chase? Their website shows 3.89. Did you negotiate it down?

• Love
Reactions: jimbo69ny
As someone who designs tech products in Silicon Valley, I would say that you did the right thing going for the Raven instead of spending $65K on a used, previous generation hardware. I agree that it would have costed you less, but with technology evolving as fast as it does at Tesla, it doesn't make much sense to spend your hard earned dollars on anything but the latest and greatest. Newer Software Updates will inevitably become incompatible with older hardware at some point. Try selling that line if your wife still isn't on board with this... :)

I ordered mine last week 08/09. Long Range, Midnight Silver, 7 seats, FSD. Haven't gotten the VIN yet. I live within 20 miles of the Fremont factory, so I am looking to take advantage of their factory tour sometime this week. Kids always wanted that.

I usually lease my cars, but in this case it works out too expensive mainly because Tesla doesn't give any upfront discounts off MSRP. So thinking of financing. Tesla's 4.25% seems awful. I can get 3.45% from a local credit union.

How did you get the 3.24% from Chase? Their website shows 3.89. Did you negotiate it down?
Thanks. I feel pretty good about the car. Payments are high but I’m going to try to make it work.
Idk. That’s just what my advisor told me I qualified for. I have good income and a 795 credit score.

It’s confirmed. I qualified for 3.25% for 72 months through Tesla and Chase bank.

They are delivering the X to my house for free because I live so far from the nearest dealer.

Anyone need home energy solar storage? I really need to sell 41kwh to help pay for the X though.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I understand there is a drawback to having it delivered. The delivery person does not or cannot record any problems you find with your new Tesla. He is strictly the driver of the truck delivering it.

Yes, thats what I am afraid of. I will work with the dealer to have it delivered there (2 miles from home) so that I can do a thorough delivery checklist and possible refuse pickup if there are issues. They did not ask me for a delivery preference yet, but not sure if they will find it more economical to deliver to my house directly from the factory and cut the stop at the dealership, since its only 20 miles from the factory. The dealerships have gone really light weight after they cut the staff there...