Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I thought you could set the distance of vehicles that were in front of you with autopilot?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another problem I think is the car brakes way too hard when a car pulls out in front of you, even if it’s way up the road where a car pulls out autopilot almost slams on the brakes, 3X harder than I would have based on the distance

If someone would have been following close behind me I’m certain they would have hit me from behind

Reactions: Alonzo
Note that on the stalkless Model S/X, the right scroll wheel button doesn’t support left/right motion for some reason (by design), so you have to use the touchscreen. I hope Tesla changes that at some point.
Yeah, this is a pain in the azz. WHY can't the wheel change the distance? Its 4 touch screen pushes to change distance, whole time eyes off the road. So BAD a UI vs a stalk like the X use to have. I know, have to save money on the most expense SUV they make. Stalkless is a joke and a bad one at that.

Another problem I think is the car brakes way too hard when a car pulls out in front of you, even if it’s way up the road where a car pulls out autopilot almost slams on the brakes, 3X harder than I would have based on the distance

If someone would have been following close behind me I’m certain they would have hit me from behind
Agreed! That is common here and it causes me to turn off FSD at times. Also, you need to turn FSD off to access the following distance function with the scroll wheel.

Agreed! That is common here and it causes me to turn off FSD at times. Also, you need to turn FSD off to access the following distance function with the scroll wheel.
Not exactly. With FSD Beta the following distance options are Chill, Average, Assertive, while without FSD Beta they are 2-7, but you can change either with the right scroll wheel except on stalkless cars as I noted above.

I have this one road where another road has a strong curve where the 2 roads come together

On the road that curves there’s a stop sign where they come together and autopilot thinks that stop sign is in my straight road so it almost comes to stop everytime I go by that sign

To put simply it sees a stop sign on another road that’s not my road and thinks it’s a stop sign for my road

Here's the relevant instructions from my 2022 MSLR manual. I bet your car also has instructions. Easy to access your manual from inside the car. Just search for autopilot, everything is there.
1000026833.jpg

Same is true for stop lights visible in other lanes. See here.
I tried it again this morning and it still did it, I’m not even sure how they can fix something like this, how can they make car know that the sign is not in my road

I think they need to allow some kind of input from users kind of like how google does with google maps, I could put some kind of note on the map that says there’s no stop sign here or something then they can investigate it themselves then update it

Last edited: