Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I wonder how many of the people unhappy about V11 are really trolls

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So you need new muscle memory to swipe up and tap a button
The old muscle memory only required sliding along the bottom edge for a given distance then pressing the lower part of the screen.

I tried to "practice" a new repeatable routine for the defogger but I couldn't do it predictably: slide along the bottom edge to a (different-than-before) place, slide up, return thumb back to edge, stretch index finger, rotate hand using thumb tip (at the screen edge) as the pivot point until index finger is vertical, then hit the screen. More than half of the time I missed it, and for the rest, it was a random draw between front and rear defrost buttons.

Needless to say, no driver should have to deal with such a complex process while driving to accomplish a very basic function of blowing the windshield.

Not a troll ….. just dislike the shift towards having entertainment taking priority over drivability. I’ve only had the M3 for less than 2mths and honestly about 50/50 as to whether I made a mistake getting it. I remain to be convinced and V11 didn’t help in the slightest for me.

Did you remember when Windows 10 going out the first 3 months ? No it's a catastrophe with bugs , with loose of functions ect..
Please be patient Telsa read comments and correct it later !
And therein lies the problem imo. A computer just sits on your desk or lap ….. a car doesn’! Consequently changes to controls should be well thought out prior to release on an unsuspecting owner. Entertainment is not a priority in my car, drivability and control is, but hey, call me old fashioned🤷🏼‍♂️🤫

And therein lies the problem imo. A computer just sits on your desk or lap ….. a car doesn’! Consequently changes to controls should be well thought out prior to release on an unsuspecting owner. Entertainment is not a priority in my car, drivability and control is, but hey, call me old fashioned🤷🏼‍♂️🤫

Thank god I’ll be long past driving by the 2050 arrives.

I think that most contributors to this forum have invested 50k (or a lot more) and so are entitled to an opinion. The definition of ‘troll’ in most forums has now been reduced to ‘someone who disagrees with me’.
As for V11...I can live with it, and some of it I like...but to me it seems like it’s a platform change in order to have something that will be more upgradable in the future...and that excites me...so I am all for it

I think that most contributors to this forum have invested 50k (or a lot more) and so are entitled to an opinion. The definition of ‘troll’ in most forums has now been reduced to ‘someone who disagrees with me’.
As for V11...I can live with it, and some of it I like...but to me it seems like it’s a platform change in order to have something that will be more upgradable in the future...and that excites me...so I am all for it
I can live with V11, just disappointed with being a lab rat in the development process. Having worked in prototype vehicle manufacture a number of years ago I can say, I would never send out a half finished product. There again I worked with hardware not software, specifically electrical systems, it’s a bit more noticeable if a vehicle leaves the factory without a main electrical harness. Having said that, if one left with a load of switches missing then or put in impractical places who would care🤔😂

Reactions: K5TRX and OxBrew
Here’s a suggestion going forward, maybe Tesla should seek out SELECT owners to receive a “BETA” version of any MAJOR SW UPDATE and see what they think. That could probably lay to rest many of the complaints if owners have had a chance to preview it. That’s no different than what Tesla is doing with the FSD Beta users. So there is precedent.

I can live with V11, just disappointed with being a lab rat in the development process. Having worked in prototype vehicle manufacture a number of years ago I can say, I would never send out a half finished product. There again I worked with hardware not software, specifically electrical systems, it’s a bit more noticeable if a vehicle leaves the factory without a main electrical harness. Having said that, if one left with a load of switches missing then or put in impractical places who would care🤔😂
All true...but buying a Tesla is really a ticket to a wild ride with Elon...it’s not how things were done but it’s how he does things...and he’s rich enough to say, ‘see I told you I was right..’
I am happy to be a part of this industry disruption...in fact I’m loving it🤣

Here’s a suggestion going forward, maybe Tesla should seek out SELECT owners to receive a “BETA” version of any MAJOR SW UPDATE and see what they think. That could probably lay to rest many of the complaints if owners have had a chance to preview it. That’s no different than what Tesla is doing with the FSD Beta users. So there is precedent.
To me, that sounds like a great idea. Problem is, Tesla does not care what you think, and really has no interest in beta testing to get feedback to help them design a better UI. They are confident in their vision, much like Apple was/is, and will define what they believe people ought to want. Fortunately most of their decisions have been excellent so far, but who knows what the future will bring. Competition will change things.

All true...but buying a Tesla is really a ticket to a wild ride with Elon...it’s not how things were done but it’s how he does things...and he’s rich enough to say, ‘see I told you I was right..’
I am happy to be a part of this industry disruption...in fact I’m loving it🤣
Just because he’s rich doesn’t mean he’s right. There’s plenty of films with megalomaniac characters in them who were proven to be lunatics lol. There’s also plenty of megalomaniac types who’ve been in charge of countries too, Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Idi Amin etc etc, are we saying we should just shut up and accept it because he’s loaded?
I’m English, we don’t do follow my leader very well, we’re much better at sticking 2 fingers up at the big boys then siding with the underdog🤣🤣.
As things stand this is my first foray into a Tesla, it’ll probably be my last too …. as things stand. There’s a few things to like about a Tesla, however there’s pretty much a balance on things to dislike, for me anyway. The only things that tipped me in it’s favour, were range & supercharger network, if not for them I’d have gone with something else. It’s the first time my love for a new car has dropped so much in less than 2mths, the worst record before that was 6 ….and that was a Renault Laguna, which is saying a lot😳

Very well said! Had not been for the range, I would be driving e-tron or Taycan. Not very good at games and electronic entertainment but much better as cars and entertainment devices.
I’ve also noticed, the difference between the wife’s Kona E and the Tesla 3LR too. Her’s give’s a real range much closer to the actual predicted range, so although she has a manufacturer range of 280miles, she will get 250 out of it even in cold weather. Whereas the Tesla range as sold was 360miles, I havent even managed 300 out of a full charge, driving in similar conditions on similar roads in the same fashion.
To say the range as sold is optimistic is probably the best way of saying it. Maybe it’s just that Koreans don’t like to spin a yarn or maybe Elon & crew are all fishermen “it was this big honest but it got away”🤷🏼‍♂️😂

I have MS LR+ and rarely hit 250Wh/mi in order to get the EPA range; it is more like 270Wh/mi. I knew that those EPA ranges are a bit optimistic and that is why I got the LR+ which gives me the cushion I need.
The issue is that most other manufacturers are around 300mi or below - which is not enough for me.

I’ve also noticed, the difference between the wife’s Kona E and the Tesla 3LR too. Her’s give’s a real range much closer to the actual predicted range, so although she has a manufacturer range of 280miles, she will get 250 out of it even in cold weather. Whereas the Tesla range as sold was 360miles, I havent even managed 300 out of a full charge, driving in similar conditions on similar roads in the same fashion.
To say the range as sold is optimistic is probably the best way of saying it. Maybe it’s just that Koreans don’t like to spin a yarn or maybe Elon & crew are all fishermen “it was this big honest but it got away”🤷🏼‍♂️😂
Conditions are everything, I agree, as is driving style...but I frequently exceed the predicted range...in fact it’s mainly Sentry mode that reduces my range

Conditions are everything, I agree, as is driving style...but I frequently exceed the predicted range...in fact it’s mainly Sentry mode that reduces my range
I never use Sentry mode, it’s not something that interests me tbh. Car is insured, I’ve paid thousands over the years and never claimed, there’s more than enough cctv in UK to catch most damage and any it doesn’t then the the insurance can pay. Anything that drains the battery is turned off in my car lol

Reactions: schulty and Bouba