Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Idea: We should apply for weekend jobs at Tesla delivery centers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As the super fans that many of us are, we should consider being weekend employees at our local delivery centers. We could be "super advisers" who only show cars and answer questions and let the full time guys handle the the office work. I honestly feel like it could make a big difference to the delivery process if super fans are allowed to show the cars off. Most of us know the product better than the employees because we live and breathe Tesla instead of "just working here".

I don't know the pay, but I'd consider working an 8hr shift one day per week at $20/hr to talk Tesla to customers.

I know it sounds crazy, but this could go a long way toward the delivery headaches that Tesla is having. I could deliver 16 cars/day if it's a 30 minute block and that would include a full 20 minute "show and tell".

Anyone in?

As the super fans that many of us are, we should consider being weekend employees at our local delivery centers. We could be "super advisers" who only show cars and answer questions and let the full time guys handle the the office work. I honestly feel like it could make a big difference to the delivery process if super fans are allowed to show the cars off. Most of us know the product better than the employees because we live and breathe Tesla instead of "just working here".

I don't know the pay, but I'd consider working an 8hr shift one day per week at $20/hr to talk Tesla to customers.

I know it sounds crazy, but this could go a long way toward the delivery headaches that Tesla is having. I could deliver 16 cars/day if it's a 30 minute block and that would include a full 20 minute "show and tell".

Anyone in?

I have two words for you.

Hell No.

I will never work customer revise retail job again if I can possibly avoid it.

Anyone in?
I would do it if I lived close enough.

Instead of working for Tesla, how about working for Tesla fans as a "Inspector consultant". charge $25 per car and provide checkout service with a 100 point inspection in 15 mins so the buyer can sign the documents with 100% piece of mind. This will greatly help and reduce the stress and risks as many of us will be excited and dont have the sharp eyes or patience to check the car thoroughly. After checking 3-4 cars, this "inspector" will become an expert and can provide written assessment with checklist and may be even take photos using phone so the buyer can act accordingly. In fact the inspector can stay in the SC/DC all day and complete the checkout even before the customer arrive to avoid headache as many travel far. Just an idea... I'll be happy to engage someone and pay $50 to save the headache :)

Anyone in?
You definitely qualify as a superfan :)

Anyone in?
I'd prefer to earn credits toward the service center.

Reactions: S5S5G6
I was thinking that our local owners club could set up a tent around the corner from the delivery center and invite new owners to stop by for as much in-depth discussion and advice as they want. This would effectively separate the volunteers from the Tesla delivery employees and avoid any liability issues for Tesla.

Reactions: Aieukl378
Instead of working for Tesla, how about working for Tesla fans as a "Inspector consultant". charge $25 per car and provide checkout service with a 100 point inspection in 15 mins so the buyer can sign the documents with 100% piece of mind. This will greatly help and reduce the stress and risks as many of us will be excited and dont have the sharp eyes or patience to check the car thoroughly. After checking 3-4 cars, this "inspector" will become an expert and can provide written assessment with checklist and may be even take photos using phone so the buyer can act accordingly. In fact the inspector can stay in the SC/DC all day and complete the checkout even before the customer arrive to avoid headache as many travel far. Just an idea... I'll be happy to engage someone and pay $50 to save the headache :)

So Tesla pays you to find nit picky stuff with their cars they then have to spend money fixing? Sounds like a lose lose for them.

So Tesla pays you to find nit picky stuff with their cars they then have to spend money fixing? Sounds like a lose lose for them.

It's not Tesla would pay the person and but the Tesla fans/buyer would pay for the service by engaging this individual to checkout the car top down as another set of eyes. just a funny thought, giving the amount issues folks are dealign with during deliveries which is only going to get worse in the coming weeks due to the amount of delivery any DC/SC is going to do.

I would gladly do that. While my kids are young I could maybe pull only one day per quarter or a bit more if it was available. I actually loved doing retail sales when I believe in the product. Also, most people in our local one are not in the tax bracket to own one till the $35k version is released they don’t come off as very knowledgable about the cars unfortunately.

Reactions: S5S5G6
Maybe find your local Tesla Owners Club and see if they can set something like this up with your local store(s)? Not paid, but have a rotating team from the Owner's Club talking to new owners and answering basic questions (the kind of questions we get on the forum all the time!)

Anyone in?
I had the same idea. I even looked to see if Tesla had any job opening posted for part time delivery personnel. Could not find any. Another idea, if a Tesla in the Savannah Ga area needs to go to Service Center in Jacksonville, I could drive the car to Jacksonville, pick up the loaner and drive it back to the owner.