Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ideal or Cost Effective Home Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was there some nonesense that it needed to be 100% charge to update the UMC?? I could be making that up……
It may have been just after a charge is complete. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Requirements for 10A and 15A charging are:

1. Minimum software version 2021.12.25.7
2. Tails that have "10A" and/or "15A" written on them
3. Charging completion (eg. If car is at 60%, set it to 61% and let it complete) and leave plugged into car.
4. Power-cycle of UMC after update.
(possibly) 5. Connected to Wi-Fi.

Reactions: Leeroy
Requirements for 10A and 15A charging are:

1. Minimum software version 2021.12.25.7
2. Tails that have "10A" and/or "15A" written on them
3. Charging completion (eg. If car is at 60%, set it to 61% and let it complete) and leave plugged into car.
4. Power-cycle of UMC after update.
(possibly) 5. Connected to Wi-Fi.
1. It's 2022.8.2
2. Tail has 10a on it
3. Left it for a couple of hours for 2 nights after charge completion
4. Tried that. No effect
5. Connected

The current options I can select are from 5a to 8a.

I guess I have to try the happy dance now 😅

• Funny
Reactions: OzVic
I have had mine plugged in each night and finish charging and left overnight.
Still only showing me 8A as highest option.

I’ve tried doing the happy dance.
Fingers crossed tonight it decides to update itself!
You should try to unplug the car for 5 or so minutes and then replug. Restart the app and then it should be showing the increased amps. This is on the proviso that car has reached the set SOC and has had a chance to sleep directly after reaching the set SOC This should allow the UMC to update. That worked for me.

charging the car today in the backyard using my lovely gen 3 wall connector - two week old car, only the second time I’ve done it
I noticed on the app that the interior temperature is 38°
I’ve turned on the a/c to cool it down
does this happen often?

edit: I’ve discovered ‘cabin overheat protection’ in the app but it says it comes on when the temp reaches 40°

Last edited:
Hi folks first time posting here I am from nz and ordered a MY now trying to sort out home charging
Wondering if I can just get an electrician to install a 15A socket without the need of expensive type b rcd?
In nz my daily usage around 60km but will need to turn on sentry mode in car park.

You might be better off posting in the New Zealand forum for this type of question! But plenty of people here will say 15A socket plus UMC is plenty for overnight charging if you don’t do a lot of k’s every day. I think the need (or not) for Type B RCD depends on the appliance that is connected not the Amperage. Also NZ wiring rules might be subtly different to AUS.

• Helpful
Reactions: Hairyman