Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If 8.0 ships tomorrow everyone's next Tesla payment is on me!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a quick question for the CAMERA experts amount us.

So I plan on posting a brief informal video of 8.0 as soon as it is released, just a first look. However, what can I do to remove or mitigate the flickering and lines from being captured when I film the 17 inch??

I have GoPro Hero 4 Black, Canon DSLR, and iPhone 6 (7+ is still preparing for shipment). What do you recommend that I use?

Thanks
You should be able to adjust the video recording frame rate on the SLR, try to tweak it up or down to be more consistent with the car's refresh rate. It should reduce your "flickering" without actually syncing the two devices.

So I plan on posting a brief informal video of 8.0 as soon as it is released, just a first look. However, what can I do to remove or mitigate the flickering and lines from being captured when I film the 17 inch??

I have GoPro Hero 4 Black, Canon DSLR, and iPhone 6 (7+ is still preparing for shipment). What do you recommend that I use?

Thanks

Most of the flickering is due to the way LCD screens handle lower brightness. Turn up the brightness to 100% and you might be fine.

Thanks
Turn the screen to 100% brightness fixes it for my phone

• Informative
Reactions: tezzla and K-MTG
So should I film on a lower film rate or higher?? What is the refresh rate on the Tesla screen?

Play with it, but generally the lower the frame rate, the less flicker. Specifically, you want a longer shutter speed. I haven't had major issues filming the Tesla displays with a GoPro or iPhone.

If you shoot at 24 or 30fps (which is typically 1/48 and 1/60th a second shutter), you'll be fine. If you try high frame rates, like 60fps or above, there will be a lot of flicker.

Last edited: