Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If I purchase AP thru website, how long will it take to become operational

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been anxiously awaiting my activation since I purchased $2k autopilot Wednesday morning. This morning I got an update and was excited to finally get my autopilot.... No such luck... Car updated to 2019.5.15 but still no autopilot.

I'm not sure why people are bringing up the 50 mile calibration. That happens when you drive your car off of the lot, regardless of if you purchased EAP/AP at the time. All of the normal functions of the driver display, lane warning, crash avoidance use the AP systems.

The wait is most likely for Tesla to split the features in the software.

Reactions: JGard and Hans L
I received update 2019.5.15 f5def7e early this morning 03/08. When I checked post update, the autopilot menu screen still has the 'buy autopilot now' button. I didn't check the security menu to see if the 'allow auto-steer' button is available. I drove the other car to work, so when I got in I received a notification that an update had occurred. Not sure if this is another update that enables AP. Have to check tonight when I get home.

Hmm, I have had dog mode and sentry mode for 1.5 weeks. Just got the same update with the same features again. Maybe this one has the new version of AP that is coming with new cars embedded in it and the old firmware could only unlock EAP? How long unti AP activates now?:(

There are no coders who have to do any work. Remeber they launched AP over a week ago and got rid of EAP. It was already built weeks ago, or at least we hope they had it ready before selling cars. :eek:

Reactions: Cyclone
I also received 2019.5.15 this morning. Definitely got my hopes up!

My only guess is that this latest firmware has added the AP switch, now that its loaded it just needs someone at the mother-ship to flip the switch!

(I should check to see if Pole Position is back...)

Reactions: Cyclone
Strictly just my own opinion here, but outside of this thread, 2019.5.15 has been a pretty quick rollout throughout the fleet with hundreds of cars getting it today.

I personally am of the same opinion as others that the option in code to just enable AP vs. EAP wasn’t in earlier 2019 builds and this is a prerequisite to getting AP enabled. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the “up to three days” for the mothership to flip the switch is from after you get 2019.5.15.

It wouldn’t be the first time that Tesla let cars leave the lot without a finalized version for a sold feature. Or the cars sold since 3/1 could have an advanced copy of this to allow for those who buy just AP by delivery.

Again, just my own personal thoughts. I hope we all get AP activated soon!

Reactions: Need and GregRF
I'm not sure why people are bringing up the 50 mile calibration. That happens when you drive your car off of the lot, regardless of if you purchased EAP/AP at the time. All of the normal functions of the driver display, lane warning, crash avoidance use the AP systems.

The wait is most likely for Tesla to split the features in the software.

Exactly. I had the EAP trial back in September. It was activated immediately upon driving. No delay at all.

I just received AP+FSD that I purchased on Tuesday night at 10pm.

It was an unlock, I received no software update, and no notification. I never received even an email confirmation, and it still does not show in my car details online.
How did I do it? I had to go to a service center and provide proof of purchase since they couldn't find that I had purchased it. Engineering did an overnight push and I found it active in my settings this morning. Good luck everyone! Hopefully people don't have to go into a SC and can just wait for it to unlock. Perhaps only AP will take longer, I purchased the full package so maybe a faster unlock vs. restricted EAP down to AP.
My original thread here:
Finally unlocked new AP + FSD (took 60 hours) | Tesla

I also got an update this morning to 2019.5.15 and no AP yet. I already had dog mode and location auto folding mirrors so I guess this was just bug fixes but I noticed that sentry mode is not in my release notes at all anymore. However sentry mode is still avalible on the menu... strange. Anyway going on day five with no AP. Will keep updating.

Purchased PA March 6th, no AP yet and I also haven't received the software update yet either. Option to purchase AP is gone from my account online (FSD available for $3k) but still shows on the car from the Autopilot menu option. I was expecting it to be instant, given that the EAP trial was activated instantly but I guess the dialed back AP options have changed the process in some way.