Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm excited from the day one and am more & more excited. Digest the comparison! Change is a natural phenomenon-look ahead.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1701525484749.png

I see you left availability off your list.

It will be interesting to see how many of the CT reservations convert to Rivian or Ford sales for those who have been holding on, holding on, holding on, and now feel waiting another 12 - 18 months is not worth it for what they are getting. The federal tax credit, for example, may not be available at that point.

Edited to add: Thanks for taking the time to build a comparison chart.

Reactions: afadeev and mspohr
Great comparison many overlook. Note sure if noted but I didn’t see 4 wheel steering which was no small feat to accomplish. Incredible final product in my view. I like many survived nicely with the 270 mile range on my MYP for years so while nice not a deal breaker to me not carrying (or buying) a 400 plus mile battery around. They will sell a crap ton of these no doubt. While they won’t in any way eliminate those other truck brands they Certainly will make life Very tough for them as they are already loosing a Ton of money already on each sale. Many seem focused on the only way this is successful is If they beat the others. This wasn’t the primary goal fortunately. Only to make it Better which as an overall they easily did.

Many seem focused on the only way this is successful is If they beat the others. This wasn’t the primary goal fortunately.
Also, some can't figure out why Tesla can't be like some other company. Tesla is not the disruptor. Others have disrupted themselves scrambling to get on the train that's already left the station. It's not about beating others by racing on the same path. Its moving forward in new directions.

I'm surprised no one's talked about the omission of the integrated air pump/reservoir. I'm bummed about this along with the range.

Not saying that’s not an omission but in the big picture it’s a rather small issue that can be solved with a 10$ plug in compressor.
Wow, some of those aux 12v plug in versions you buy are VERY very slow. An integrated one would be much faster. I wonder how fast the competitors integrated versions are ... and
Q: can they run pneumatic tools.
A: Negative big Ben
"These accessories allow you to inflate bicycle tires, inflatable rafts, or other adventure equipment up to 140 psi."
"INFLATE TIRES AND ADVENTURE EQUIPMENT"

Wow, some of those aux 12v plug in versions you buy are VERY very slow. An integrated one would be much faster. I wonder how fast the competitors integrated versions are ... and
Q: can they run pneumatic tools.
A: Negative big Ben
Thank you for pointing out why I would care about this omission. I didn't care but then again I don't want a truck, I do no adventure stuff, and I've always carried a $30 inflater in my car, so I didn't see this as the big deal it would be to those who do have proper uses for it.

The only problem you have with a built in Air Compressor and Tank to run Air Tools is that it has to be able to keep up. The Motor has to be able to fill the Tank as fast as you are depleting it. You want an Air Compressor with a high duty cycle. Then there is the Receiver Dryer that will be needed. You will also have to drain the Compressor Tank after you are done with it. The tools will need some sort of oiler either a built in oiler system for the air tools or you can just add the oil to the air tool before use. The Aftermarket has so many options for Air Tank systems and Compressors that it is not worth the Truck Manufactures time to install a system that may or may not meet your needs.

Reactions: lazybot
The only problem you have with a built in Air Compressor and Tank to run Air Tools is that it has to be able to keep up. The Motor has to be able to fill the Tank as fast as you are depleting it. You want an Air Compressor with a high duty cycle. Then there is the Receiver Dryer that will be needed. You will also have to drain the Compressor Tank after you are done with it. The tools will need some sort of oiler either a built in oiler system for the air tools or you can just add the oil to the air tool before use. The Aftermarket has so many options for Air Tank systems and Compressors that it is not worth the Truck Manufactures time to install a system that may or may not meet your needs.
And with 120v available in the bed, have a lot of options.

Reactions: APotatoGod