Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm so smart I... Dammit!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm so smart.
I went to the store and took a test drive.
Then I took the wife, and took a test drive.
Then they gave me a car to try for 24 hours.

Look at all this fun I had - I'm way smarter than..

..dammit!
Now I gotta go buy one.
Where's my CC.

PS, I have a referral code, please do not send me more.

Hahaha Rookie mistake.

Now the waiting begins....

Been there done that and still waiting....

I'm so smart.

..dammit!
Now I gotta go buy one.
Where's my CC.

Took the wife? Crap, now you will have to buy two.

How are people getting cars for 24 hours?

I asked for a model X because we wanted to upgrade one of our model s's to an X and wanted to test it out and see if the car isn't too big for my wife's daily routing.

Instead I got the "ooooohhhh yeah no we don't do that" Response

Needless to say we're still hanging on to the S, wife won't upgrade without being sure the X fits her needs, the service center makes me feel like an idiot everytime I ask, as if I just asked them to give me a liver and their first born.

Reactions: DrivingRockies
@AMPd .
I took a test drive.
The sales person followed up with "are you interested".
I told her I would like a 24 hour drive, to see how the car fit my lifestyle.
She said it would take a week or two to organize.
I followed up a week later.
Everything worked out.

If you're getting brushed off, I would simply state to the sales person that this is what you need.
If they refuse, ask for a manager.

Good luck.

How are people getting cars for 24 hours?

I asked for a model X because we wanted to upgrade one of our model s's to an X and wanted to test it out and see if the car isn't too big for my wife's daily routing.

Instead I got the "ooooohhhh yeah no we don't do that" Response

Needless to say we're still hanging on to the S, wife won't upgrade without being sure the X fits her needs, the service center makes me feel like an idiot everytime I ask, as if I just asked them to give me a liver and their first born.

I have asked twice for a model S without any issue.

I have to correct myself. First time Brooklyn store, no issue.

Second time, called King of Prussia store (very busy, big store I think) said can't do it. Then I called Devon store where they arranged it within a week.

Maybe you have to ask at a diff store.

They definitely do it. And it's not too difficult. Your case is a textbook situation where the 24 hr test drive will help you decide.

• Informative
Reactions: AMPd and Akikiki
No, you're smarting than me...

I went in, took a test drive...
I got offered the 24 hour take home...but didn't schedule it...
I went back and ordered the car without my wife...

Now I have to explain it all! Should have just taken the car for a night. :)

It's all good...but I new if I took my wife she'd love it, and cause me to spend even more!

You are not alone, I was at the Mission Viejo shopping Center, saw the Tesla boutique and decided to check them out, went for a test drive (big mistake), went back home, took the wife for a test drive and placed the order for a model S
Next month at the Fashion island Tesla boutique, they asked me if I wanted to test drive the model X... and yes you guessed it, placed the order right after.

Took my wife on a test drive she fell in love but said "she didn't need a new car". So after I took delivery of my Model S (P85D) she started taking it. Which I got sick of so I ordered her a car. But she still takes my new Model S (P100D). And leaves me with the 85D.....But driving these car's is a thrill whether or not it's a P100D or a 60D......

I'm so smart.

..dammit!
Now I gotta go buy one.
Where's my CC.

I made that exact same mistake eight years ago.

When my X got totaled I was in a rental car for 2 months. We were getting ready to order our new car and the day before we ordered it, I emailed my OA because our rental car was running out and I said I need a car till my new X comes. This was BEFORE I put the $2.5k down. He said when do you need it, I said asap. He said come in tonight and there is a black P100D waiting for you. Had it for 2 weeks then my new X came. Overall, just depends on the store you go to. Some stores are better than others.

Reactions: redy