Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm speechless, how can Tesla do this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe that Dr ColorChip is the company who makes these kits, its not likely Tesla is involved in the production at all.

Reminds me of the story where some person bought a playstation from walmart. Got home, opened it and found it had a brick inside. But walmart doesn't want to accept the return since it is missing the playstation.

Walmart Shopper Buys PS4, Gets Box Full of Rocks Instead
Wait! You mean Elon doesn’t make and box these up?!?

Seriously! WTF

I order a ton of stuff online. This has happened to me a few times. I’ve gotten a game from GameStop with no game inside the case. Also gotten a few items from Amazon that were missing items or were completely wrong. Ordered some ice cream from Rebel Creamery and they sent me an order for another person in another state (I presume that person got my order). Stuff happens. To the credit of Amazon and Rebel Creamery, they stepped up and would send me a replacement at no charge. GameStop ran me around (like it sounds like Tesla is doing to you) so I ultimately just did a chargeback.

• Love
Reactions: neroden
It happens, return it and get a new one?

lol this.

Who cry’s about something like this?

Man the F up

Based on my experience with the Tesla online store, their customer service is terrible. I tried to return a phone case and couldn't contact anyone. Emailed the online order email, etc and got nowhere. Ended up just eating the $$ spent. I now treat all purchases from them like I would the shadiest online shop - as non-returnable and just hope it works out.

Based on my experience with the Tesla online store, their customer service is terrible. I tried to return a phone case and couldn't contact anyone. Emailed the online order email, etc and got nowhere. Ended up just eating the $$ spent. I now treat all purchases from them like I would the shadiest online shop - as non-returnable and just hope it works out.
Agreed with this! Who wants to buy the extra 14-50 adapter I have since The return team won’t email me back lol

I actually did have something similar happen recently. I ordered an SD memory card from Amazon. A padded envelope showed up with a full shipping label on the outside, and inside the padded envelope was nothing. No packing slip, no SD card packaging, no SD card. I mean, completely empty. They actually spent money to mail me an empty envelope. The padded envelope was one of the plastic ones that was fully sealed, too.

I think a lot of of these packaging things are done robotically, and they screw up just like anything else.

Call Tesla Customer service again, just tell them you want a refund. Once they process that, then re-order.

Yep. Had this happen to a friend on Amazon just this week. Crap happens. Tesla will send you another one.

Reactions: BrokerDon