Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm speechless, how can Tesla do this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're not 'jumping down the throat' of the OP --- but you're still minimizing.

There's times when hyperbole ought to be minimized and kept to the level that the issue actually is... unless you haven't noticed that this thread's title and content is currently being used on #TSLAQ to generate more FUD... Thomas Thornton on Twitter

Not suggesting (nor do I actually think) it's the case here, but one has to wonder if FUDsters don't come places like this, throw a staged fit, and then go use the ashes of their own fire for their ends elsewhere sometimes.

Reactions: RachH and BrokerDon
I would caution against chargebacks unless you don't want to do business with the company anymore. In the case of Tesla, that would be a bad idea since you use your card with the supercharger network.
Always request a refund from the company first. If they won't give it to you, do a chargeback. Don't worry about their attitude; if they give you hassle, you can and should sue them.

There's times when hyperbole ought to be minimized and kept to the level that the issue actually is... unless you haven't noticed that this thread's title and content is currently being used on #TSLAQ to generate more FUD... Thomas Thornton on Twitter
Ugh, I tweeted at Musk the picture the same day as this and those guys picked it up so fast I deleted the tweet. Not interested in shooting Tesla down I just want them to step their game up. Not even about someone returning an empty box and them selling it again although it should have been checked. It's about their lack of contact in getting back to me with a solution.

Reactions: RachH
And what about out suggestions to either try to get a human on the phone or to ask at a Service Center?

No arguments from me about the lack of contact from the online store. Online shops that unresponsive (someone quoted weeks for the mail to be answered and a month to get it fixed) are really frustrating.

So the thing that actually has me ... not speechless but, mildly surprised... is that I bought a bunch of stuff from the Tesla store, all at once for my new M3, and they appear (so far, with 1 item received and 2 items shipped) to be shipping it to me one individual item at a time... at a time that the CEO has directed frugality, it seems they aren't holding orders for combined shipping even when items are shipping within a day or so of each other. There's probably a reason though, maybe the items are drop shipped.

Still zero reply from all 3 tesla emails I sent. I'm going to the service center today to talk with someone.

I’d be curious to know if the service center is able to help. My guess would be no.

I have bought a bunch of things from Tesla’s online store. Almost all orders were shipped fine, but on one of them (for a $14 USB-Lightning cable) Tesla hadn’t shipped it for a couple of months. I contacted their phone support, chat support, and sent an email to the online store email address. The phone and chat folks said they had no visibility to the online shop’s computer systems, so couldn’t help. Two emails went unanswered. I figured I had given enough chances to reach the vendor and called my credit card company to dispute the charge. They immediately refunded me and sent a message to Tesla online store to respond if they disagreed. That’s how cc disputes work. Anyway, Tesla never responded to them either.

Meanwhile, two days after I got my refund, my order shows up at the door! I contacted the cc company again and asked them to take back my refund. They said they couldn’t! Apparently, the only way they can take back my money is if Tesla disputed my refund claim. I then emailed Tesla again and asked them to charge back my credit card. Until today, 5 months later, I have heard nothing from Tesla and my credit card was never charged.

My takeaway from all this is that Tesla online store is a mess, but that’s no major revelation.

I think you have given them enough chances to respond. If I were you, I’d get a refund from the cc company and order the item again. You shouldn’t have to work any harder to get the attention of a vendor who shipped you an empty box.

Reactions: RachH