Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

In Car Sentry viewer/Early access/Coming next update (pic)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the US maybe 10-15 years ago, the reaction probably would have been similar. But there are now so many cameras and surveillance systems in place, and they're everywhere: parking lots, grocery store, nearly every building and business, many residences, police body cams, independent news producers and bloggers, individual cell phones, etc. People have now resigned themselves to the fact that there is absolutely no way you can walk around in public without being filmed on someone's camera. Thus, the fact that something is filming you all the time now is just a fact of life, so people generally accept it.

There are far more cameras in the UK than the US per area.

But petty crime in Europe is like NYC before they got a Republican mayor.

Yesterday, I caught a truck/car collision on my Tesla cameras and was able to show it to a police officer right on site. I uploaded it to YouTube that morning and email the link to another officer who called to take my statement. Fantastic feature! Here are the front and right repeater views.

Truck T-bones car - 2020-04-17 - YouTube

Please note: The driver of the sedan unfortunately suffered a broken shoulder and arm. I hope my capturing the incident is of help to them.

Yesterday, I caught a truck/car collision on my Tesla cameras and was able to show it to a police officer right on site. I uploaded it to YouTube that morning and email the link to another officer who called to take my statement. Fantastic feature! Here are the front and right repeater views.

Truck T-bones car - 2020-04-17 - YouTube

Please note: The driver of the sedan unfortunately suffered a broken shoulder and arm. I hope my capturing the incident is of help to them.

great capture!

I am unclear as to what is proper procedure to ensure video preservation?
did you after seeing the collision tap the camera icon to save 10 minutes?

or just know that you could pull off the normal 1 minute segments before
they were overwritten?