Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

In Production???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I emailed my DS last night asking for coordinates and the time that he obtained them. I was hoping he would just do it sometime today. He ended up ignoring my email all day. I can't say I blame him. I'd probably ignore my asinine requests if I were in his shoes too. Was anybody else able to get updated coordinates today?

Well, I emailed my DS last night asking for coordinates and the time that he obtained them. I was hoping he would just do it sometime today. He ended up ignoring my email all day. I can't say I blame him. I'd probably ignore my asinine requests if I were in his shoes too. Was anybody else able to get updated coordinates today?
I didn't. I told my dS I wouldn't bother her for a few days. I'll check with her on Tuesday.

My car is still incommunicado. Could be sitting on a train or truck under someone else's so can't get gps signal. Or battery could be low enough the car won't turn on some of its systems.

But my DS confirmed the rail line swings through New Mexico. So it's probably the BNSF line we assumed.

MyTesla tells me July 25 earliest delivery. DS tells me his system shows July 24 but that's a Sunday so I'm but getting it that day anyway.

He also says they are still getting 50%+ more cars than normal to deliver and the model X has a longer PDI list than a Model S so now that they are in the mix it's even more work to get them out the door.

They are getting multiple truckloads of cars some days, and a delivery appointment takes 1 hour or more in real life. Add to that the PDI and detailing time and I imagine they are currently running around like crazy. If a truck has 8 or 9 cars on it, each truck represents a minimum of 16 hours of work. Prob much more.

Summary: MyTesla is probably accurate and I doubt I'll see my car before July 25, and probably not until later. :-(

He just got back to me. As of 10:09 am EST, the train is at the hub in Chicago. The cars haven't been unloaded yet, though.

That's good news for you!

Does your MyTesla page show a different delivery window now?

If it does, I doubt my car is on that train. I don't think it will take 8 days to get from Chicago to Toronto.

Plus presumably my DS would have known when I just talked to him that my at was in Chicago but he said nothing about that. :-(

As of this morning, my delivery window still hasn't changed. I think once it changes, it is either off the train or on a truck.

Does anybody know if they do deliveries on the weekend? My DS said we are probably on schedule for delivery on the 25th or 26th, but early in the week is the least convenient time for me. I will certainly take a vacation day from work to pick up the car, but I would prefer not to.

My DS would not admit to Birmingham when asked. She played secret squirrel and would only call it the "eastern distribution hub."

Hey, had my NEMA 14-50 installed in the garage last night. Excellent service given by ACX Daves Lighting Electric (www.acxdaves.com). My brother is a master electrician but lives far away. He told me expect 15 minutes of work and less than $200 based on my garage setup. ACX charged me $175. The owner Dave, who did the work, was an awesomely normal guy, who cares about the quality of his work. The gentleman also executed the job on the same day I called. No games. No mess; he also cleaned up the dry wall dust.

The MyTesla site recommended electrician was Autumn Electric in Vienna, VA. Bad news--The mistakenly noted my appointment as canceled then corrected it only to do an estimate, not the actual work. Electrician that showed up didn't blink his eyes like he was high on Vicodin. Hours later he emailed me an estimate for $575. What the what? lol

Last edited:
OMG, this is so painful!

I haven't heard anything, by all our estimates, my car should likely have been Chicago days ago, it's only a 10 hour truck ride from Chicago to Toronto, but MyTesla hasn't updated my delivery window.

Man!
My car was in Chicago as of Saturday morning, and my delivery window changed to July 22-29 yesterday afternoon. Have you contaced your DS to see if your car is in Chicago? They should be able to get a GPS lock on it now since I think all the cars are unloaded from the train cars by now.

Reactions: Austral
My car was in Chicago as of Saturday morning, and my delivery window changed to July 22-29 yesterday afternoon. Have you contaced your DS to see if your car is in Chicago? They should be able to get a GPS lock on it now since I think all the cars are unloaded from the train cars by now.

I just got a call back from my DS.

My car was on the main line into Chicago this morning, then a few hours later it was in the sorting yard.

That means (he tells me) my car will be off the train soon.

It will be at least 2 days to get from Chicago to Toronto.

He thinks my car will not be in Toronto until Monday or Tuesday of next week (July 25 or 26), presumably because things don't get unloaded from the trains instantly

He told me they only rarely schedule Saturday deliveries because various people in other parts of the Tesla organization don't work weekends and there is too much risk of the delivery going sideways if something isn't right.

(Presumably that means there are no Sunday deliveries at all.)

I will likely not get my car until next Friday he told me, as a guess. That's nearly the middle of my current delivery range: July 25 to August 8.

My delivery window has not yet shrunk to 1 week. My car only hit Chicago this morning though, so if your example is indicative, it might be 4 days before my window shrinks to a week.

Sigh.