Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inflationary Price Increase coming?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
wouldn't be surprised. They did just raise the price a few days ago (here in Canada that is) but I'd anticipate more to come especially as their demand outpaces deliveries. They may need to hedge against their rising costs (metals & chips). They are taking orders out for 6+ months so a few grand would make sense

wouldn't be surprised. They did just raise the price a few days ago (here in Canada that is) but I'd anticipate more to come especially as their demand outpaces deliveries. They may need to hedge against their rising costs (metals & chips). They are taking orders out for 6+ months so a few grand would make sense
Yeah, they haven't raised prices enough yet. Maybe they should just double the price of the Y. I'm sure It'll come back down lol

I think they should keep the price the same and figure out a way to do some kind of auction for rushed deliveries. Maybe just ten cars per day delivered this way. There's some crazy people out there who'd pay 50k to get their car sooner, and that one person would cover cost increases for thousands of other buyers. And Tesla would make a crap ton more money, while keeping the advertised purchase price of the car down.

• Disagree
Reactions: WhiteWi and fiatlux