Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Info and Hints from Elon Tweets

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How can an interior be vegan? Make it all from oil-based plastic instead of artificial leather? Or soy plastic that will disintegrate in 10 years or so?
I want to know too, though I think it'll be like the newest Ford Fiesta which uses biodegradable products in the seats and interior inserts. Sounds very recycled but not sure about durability and longevity.

If they are similar to the model x vegan seats, ppl say they should hold up better long term than the normal leather

I am not sure they will hold up better, but they did perform the best in their stain tests and they are improving the durability supposedly with a new backing. Many people love the look and especially the feel of the synthetic white leather. But for durability I would guess the textile seats will perform the best. I am yet to hear one bad review of the textile seats. People are really happy with them:
Textile Seats?

I want to know too, though I think it'll be like the newest Ford Fiesta which uses biodegradable products in the seats and interior inserts. Sounds very recycled but not sure about durability and longevity.

I drive a 2012 Prius plug-in besides having a deposit on a T3. The Prius seats are made out of recycled products. Most people think they are leather. Durability and longevity have been great! I'm happy T3 is going the same route.