Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone compared the 0-60 time estimate on the Ingenext app to a Dragy (or similar device)?
There's a great post in a private Facebook group but I'll copy its text.

"Here is the truth about the acceleration difference between the Model 3 LR + Boost, the LR Ghost, and the Model 3 Performance.

There are literally hundreds of times for the Model 3s on Dragy. Every single variation of Model 3 has been tested on there many times over.

The absolute quickest 1/4 mile time for a Tesla Model 3 LR + Boost on Dragy is 11.59 @ 118.71 mph. However, that car was modified to be much lighter than stock and there is a YouTube video explaining exactly what he did to achieve that time.

My absolute slowest time with a 100% stock Model 3 Performance with 20” UberHeavy wheels in Track Mode with 95% battery is 11.58 @ 115.89 mph. Track mode cools the battery down and slows the car down tremendously from 40 mph on.

My quickest time for the 1/4 mile with the 100% stock Model 3 Performance is 11.43 @ 117.67 mph.

A 100% stock Model 3 Performance can do the 60 foot acceleration in 1.82 seconds while a LR + Boost Model 3 will take about 1.92 seconds for the 60 foot time.

My best 0-60 mph time 100% stock was 3.23 seconds without subtracting the 1 foot rollout and 3.04 seconds with the rollout subtracted. However, that was not the fastest 100% stock time on Dragy other people have gone faster stock.

The quickest time I could find for a Model 3 LR + Boost on Dragy was 3.51 seconds without rollout subtracted and 3.32 with rollout subtracted. However, that was the car that was modified to lose weight for Drag racing. That isn’t a typical time for a LR + Boost.

The quickest “Ghost” LR 1/4 mile time I could find was 11.36 @ 118.48 mph. The 60 foot time for that run was 1.80.

The quickest 0-60 mph time for the Ghost that I could find was 3.14 without rollout subtracted and 2.97 with rollout subtracted.

By looking at this data you would say that the Ghost was the quickest one from the 60 foot through the 1/4 mile in both trap speed and elapsed time. However, the 20” UberHeavy wheels are the limiting factor for the Model 3 Performance there.

Once I switched to 22 lb T Sportline 18x8.5 TS5 wheels and 23 lb 235/45/18 Michelin PS4S tires on my 2022 Model 3 Performance I ran 11.27 @ 119.52 mph. 60’ time was 1.78 and 0-60 mph time was 3.15 without subtracting rollout and 2.97 with rollout subtracted.

Just changing those wheels and optimizing the battery temperatures made a tremendous difference. Suddenly I was quicker than even the fastest Ghost Model I could find and so much quicker than even a light weight LR + Boost.

However, I took the Model 3 Performance one step further and ran 11.17 @ 120.0 mph for the 1/4 mile. 3.01 for 0-60 mph without subtracting rollout. 2.84 with rollout subtracted. That was with 210 lbs of total weight reduction. Passenger seats and Frunk were removed and 18” wheels were used.

Then I took even one step further than that and traded my 235/45/18 PS4S tires for 245/40/18 tires that are at least 1/3 of inch smaller in radius than the stock sized 18” tires.

This improved my 60 foot time to 1.74 but that was only .01 seconds quicker over the larger diameter tires. All of my other times slowed down ever so slightly with the smaller diameter tires. Switching to smaller diameter tires won’t improve your times because Horsepower falls off after 55 mph.

So there you have it. If you are comparing 100% stock cars then the Ghost can be the quickest. The Model 3 Performance is next and the LR + Boost is a distant 3rd until the 1/8 of a mile where it will gain on the Performance model but not quite catch it.

However, once you just put lightweight 18” wheels on the Performance Model and optimize battery temperatures that car will beat all of the other cars pretty easily. If you lighten up the Performance Model it will gap the other cars by an even greater margin.

I have included all of the screenshots for each time I listed or you can check them on the Dragy app for yourself."

I can post the aforementioned screenshots if you're interested. The group is probably worth your (or anyone else's) time to join. It's mostly physical modifications but most of the posts are at least somewhat interesting.

I think typically the Ghost works out to be quicker than the P because of the weight difference. I believe the LR-AWD is lighter with its Brakes, Suspension, and 19in wheels vs the P which has bigger brakes, heavier wheels, and different springs (Whether those weigh more or less from the LR - I'm not certain).

I think typically the Ghost works out to be quicker than the P because of the weight difference. I believe the LR-AWD is lighter with its Brakes, Suspension, and 19in wheels vs the P which has bigger brakes, heavier wheels, and different springs (Whether those weigh more or less from the LR - I'm not certain).

The default P in the early days was physically the same car as the LR AWD.

The only difference was software.

The brakes and 20" wheels were a $5000 option package you could then, but were not required to, add.

After a while they just made that $5000 package standard and included.... though they'd occasionally still sell the "regular" P off the menu out of inventory- still with the 18" wheels and normal brakes.

Reactions: omkar and Dysan911
Sorry, I wasn’t specific enough. The Ingenext web app reports a time based on your most recent 0-60 run. How close is it to what a Dragy (or other device) shows? See the circled item in the picture.

IMG_1277.jpeg

The quickest “Ghost” LR 1/4 mile time I could find was 11.36 @ 118.48 mph. The 60 foot time for that run was 1.80.

The quickest 0-60 mph time for the Ghost that I could find was 3.14 without rollout subtracted and 2.97 with rollout subtracted.

By looking at this data you would say that the Ghost was the quickest one from the 60 foot through the 1/4 mile in both trap speed and elapsed time. However, the 20” UberHeavy wheels are the limiting factor for the Model 3 Performance there.

Once I switched to 22 lb T Sportline 18x8.5 TS5 wheels and 23 lb 235/45/18 Michelin PS4S tires on my 2022 Model 3 Performance I ran 11.27 @ 119.52 mph. 60’ time was 1.78 and 0-60 mph time was 3.15 without subtracting rollout and 2.97 with rollout subtracted.

Just changing those wheels and optimizing the battery temperatures made a tremendous difference. Suddenly I was quicker than even the fastest Ghost Model I could find and so much quicker than even a light weight LR + Boost.

However, I took the Model 3 Performance one step further and ran 11.17 @ 120.0 mph for the 1/4 mile. 3.01 for 0-60 mph without subtracting rollout. 2.84 with rollout subtracted. That was with 210 lbs of total weight reduction. Passenger seats and Frunk were removed and 18” wheels were used.

Then I took even one step further than that and traded my 235/45/18 PS4S tires for 245/40/18 tires that are at least 1/3 of inch smaller in radius than the stock sized 18” tires.

This improved my 60 foot time to 1.74 but that was only .01 seconds quicker over the larger diameter tires. All of my other times slowed down ever so slightly with the smaller diameter tires. Switching to smaller diameter tires won’t improve your times because Horsepower falls off after 55 mph.

So there you have it. If you are comparing 100% stock cars then the Ghost can be the quickest. The Model 3 Performance is next and the LR + Boost is a distant 3rd until the 1/8 of a mile where it will gain on the Performance model but not quite catch it.

However, once you just put lightweight 18” wheels on the Performance Model and optimize battery temperatures that car will beat all of the other cars pretty easily. If you lighten up the Performance Model it will gap the other cars by an even greater margin.

I have included all of the screenshots for each time I listed or you can check them on the Dragy app for yourself."

I can post the aforementioned screenshots if you're interested. The group is probably worth your (or anyone else's) time to join. It's mostly physical modifications but most of the posts are at least somewhat interesting.

I've actually ran 11.33 with Ghost and some minor weight reduction (everything in my signature). The 2.97 with rollout subtracted is also my time on Dragy.

I'm not sure the comparison to a 2022 M3P is quite equal per say because the energy density vs 2018 is different with about 5 kWh increase in battery capacity so naturally it should be a little quicker.

Reactions: omkar and hyp36rmax

Yes, stock M3P has very heavy 20's. The other tidbits are minor weight additions but the wheels make up most of it. The strongest times I've seen on Dragy in the last several years were all Stealth 3P's so it's not hard to see why, because Ghost is essentially a Stealth 3P.

Reactions: hyp36rmax
any words on ignenest boost module for the new model 3 highland? Wondering how much faster can the module make th long range go?

Given every version so far can only make it as fast as an existing config from Tesla with the same vehicle HW-- and there is no faster config from Tesla on Highland, the answer is likely 0.00% faster.

THAT said- if they haven't significantly changed the battery/motors I suppose it's possible they can make it think it's a pre-highland LR AWD and turn on the normal boost that's not yet sold for highland- at which point it'd be exactly as fast as a tesla-bought boosted LR AWD pre-highland (adjusted for the what 4 pounds of weight difference I guess)

Reactions: Korchva
There's a great post in a private Facebook group but I'll copy its text.

"Here is the truth about the acceleration difference between the Model 3 LR + Boost, the LR Ghost, and the Model 3 Performance.

There are literally hundreds of times for the Model 3s on Dragy. Every single variation of Model 3 has been tested on there many times over.

The absolute quickest 1/4 mile time for a Tesla Model 3 LR + Boost on Dragy is 11.59 @ 118.71 mph. However, that car was modified to be much lighter than stock and there is a YouTube video explaining exactly what he did to achieve that time.

My absolute slowest time with a 100% stock Model 3 Performance with 20” UberHeavy wheels in Track Mode with 95% battery is 11.58 @ 115.89 mph. Track mode cools the battery down and slows the car down tremendously from 40 mph on.

My quickest time for the 1/4 mile with the 100% stock Model 3 Performance is 11.43 @ 117.67 mph.

A 100% stock Model 3 Performance can do the 60 foot acceleration in 1.82 seconds while a LR + Boost Model 3 will take about 1.92 seconds for the 60 foot time.

My best 0-60 mph time 100% stock was 3.23 seconds without subtracting the 1 foot rollout and 3.04 seconds with the rollout subtracted. However, that was not the fastest 100% stock time on Dragy other people have gone faster stock.

The quickest time I could find for a Model 3 LR + Boost on Dragy was 3.51 seconds without rollout subtracted and 3.32 with rollout subtracted. However, that was the car that was modified to lose weight for Drag racing. That isn’t a typical time for a LR + Boost.

To give some context vs LR boost (tesla boost).

09/2021 model on mine, boost, PS4S 235/45 18 on stock 18 with 15 and 20mm spacers, no aero covers, MPP suspensions (lowered), performance brake calipers and MPP disks (Gyrodisks)

11.59s @119.5mph

Stock weight.

Pretty sure most LR boost run the same... With aero covers and no spacers I bet the car would trapp faster (120 ish) and maybe a tenth sooner ?

Bet you could bring a LR with weight reduction to 11.35s or so.

Sorry, I wasn’t specific enough. The Ingenext web app reports a time based on your most recent 0-60 run. How close is it to what a Dragy (or other device) shows? See the circled item in the picture.

View attachment 1006140
I would be curious about other's experience with the Ingenext app timing the acceleration. I "have" a ghost module on the 2023 3LR but my 0-60 mph also shows sub par accelerations, though it does feel faster. Is there anything more accurate to use other than draggy?

Reactions: Vaillant
Have installed 2023.44.30.7. Waiting for validation for 2023.44.30.8.
Ahh ok so if you installed 30.7 with no issues then 30.8 is just a bugfix and should not be any issues with an incremental update like that. I was going from 30.x.x to 44.x.x . It's probably still not major enough to be an issue but I thought Id' at least run it by a few of you first to see if anyone installed it since Ingenext takes fooooooreverrrrrrrr to update their safe to install webpage.

Reactions: GuyFromGPT
Ahh ok so if you installed 30.7 with no issues then 30.8 is just a bugfix and should not be any issues with an incremental update like that. I was going from 30.x.x to 44.x.x . It's probably still not major enough to be an issue but I thought Id' at least run it by a few of you first to see if anyone installed it since Ingenext takes fooooooreverrrrrrrr to update their safe to install webpage.
A poster on the previous page in the thread installed 30.7 with no issues. So, I proceeded to install (also without issues).

Reactions: Dysan911