Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car was in auto body shop for repairs and the shop update the firmware to 2024.2.2.1 and the car bricked and they sent to tesla service centre to find out what was the issue and the issue was because of the ingnext module plug in the computer causing it to brick while updating.
One, a body shop has no business doing software updates. Two, I highly doubt it bricked it. Sounds like it just failed to update and they freaked out and sent it to Tesla. All scenarios combined, that makes more sense since nobody else has ever bricked their car when they personally updated it with that software.

Reactions: Sophias_dad
I've been trying to install the ghost on my 2018 3. Just scratching up my hand and arm. Any tips on removing the connector from the MCU? How hard do you have to pull and also press down on the tab? Anyone in the Chicago area can help?
I scratched the hell out of my hand installing mine too. Removing the connector was easy once I was able to orient myself so I could better understand how the plug needed to come out. Since I was upside down it messed with my mind. I ended up kneeling outside the car and reach in to remove it, if I recall correctly. Getting it in took less time for me but I was fumbling with it for a while until I got angry and just fought through the pain until I magically got it in.

Still no link fix or email update response. I’ve been disappointed with ingenext’s customer support response and lack of updates over the years. People like S3XY buttons have been matching there features and other features and do updates regularly. At a cheaper price for their commander too.

Installed. Ending up using a thin, plastic pry tool to get press the tab in and also pull the connector out. Did it upside down. After connecting the ghost module to the piece it was much easier connecting back to the MCU. Did it right hand blind just feeling with my fingers. Too bad can't get heated steering even if I put one on aftermarket.

Installed. Ending up using a thin, plastic pry tool to get press the tab in and also pull the connector out. Did it upside down. After connecting the ghost module to the piece it was much easier connecting back to the MCU. Did it right hand blind just feeling with my fingers. Too bad can't get heated steering even if I put one on aftermarket.
It's possible but you won't able to get it to be as clean as factory since the UI won't work.

Still no link fix or email update response. I’ve been disappointed with ingenext’s customer support response and lack of updates over the years. People like S3XY buttons have been matching there features and other features and do updates regularly. At a cheaper price for their commander too.
They worked with me when I did the boost to ghost upgrade but I’ve sent countless emails asking about upgrading to a FSD computer and if it will affect my module and crickets. I’ll just keep it as is, never update or upgrade it, and leave it as is till plaids are in the 50’s used

I contacted Ingenext to verify if I was on the Email distribution for Module updates. They asked for my Order # so I sent them a copy of the email I had with them Last June where I expressed concern about being added to the email list for new owners. FWIW I bought my module from a previous owner but everything was properly reset and reregistered with Ingenext. As soon as I sent them that info I suddenly got the Module Update email but they told me they are working with Drop box to fix the link.

Question though:

1. Is the Module update only to address those who use the toggle "Battery Pack Heating" that are still running 2023.44.30.8? I'm still on that same version and my module works fine. I don't even use the extra Optional Module toggles.

2. Is this module update required for other future Tesla updates to work? What if I don't want to update my module? Just wondering if Ingenext would feel like well if a new update comes out from Tesla down the road and you brick your module. That's because you failed to update it with this latest update. Basically, are the Module updates optional?

• 2023.44.30.8 Safe with the Nice try module installed (We'll send an update shortly for the battery pack heating)

P.S. I asked them in the email if this module update that removes Allow Updates was due to legal or liable issues since it involved a NHSTA. They never responded. ;(

Reactions: BlueMoon1217
Is this on a Ryzen car? I've had the thing sitting here for 2 months because I just can't find the time to take so much apart (worried I'll damage some stuff in the process, haven't been able to find the time to take my time with it). I'd much rather try to fit my fingers in there for an hour than remove the glovebox.
Yes (sorry for late response). I can share pictures if that helps

I don’t know about you all but I’d not update the module. It’s pretty obvious they got pressured to remove that option by someone else and that leaves it wide open for Tesla to send an update and deem your $2000 module useless. Does your boost or ghost work fine? Leave it alone. Can you block updates? Leave it that way.

I’m sure since the updates from Tesla are actually federally mandated recalls they got pressured to remove the option to block it or face some serious fines or worse. That’s why they aren’t answering questions.