Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The car has no emissions, so I'm not sure what you can mean by "emissions warranty can be revoked"

Buying boost from Tesla has literally the same change to power commanded as the boost50 from these guys and obviously does not void your warranty doing so either.

I agreeing using some of the ADDED functions could potentially cause an issue that, if they can prove that thing causes that issue, they won't have to cover that issue under warranty (but still would not "void" the whole warranty).
Every electric car has a MPGe rating from the environmental protection agency. That score is the environmental impact and it changes based on many factors. Yes, they do have emissions based on how much energy a car takes to do a distance.

FWIW the only couple times I ever had it be relevant was with legacy dealers and my having modified the vehicle (in a way they for sure would not be able to prove caused the issue).

Every time it came up simply saying the words Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act immediately changed their minds and they covered the repairs- almost like they only try and screw over folks who don't know any better.

I can't say what Tesla would do for this situation- but I can say the times I've heard of folks taking them to small claims court for other matters Tesla has typically not even bothered to show up resulting in a default judgement for the owner and Tesla tends to pay those out quite promptly.
Trust me, I’ve been in fixed operations management for a large automotive corporation for years. I deal with warranty claims everyday. In 27 years not once at any dealer I’ve represented has anyone ever reversed a warranty decision or cancellation by a manufacturer. I have the ghost on my car. It IS a defect device. If caught it can cancel my warranty. Period. People can throw the Magnuson Moss act on the internet and say they know or heard someone but it’s simply not happening.

Reactions: 17sd and Dysan911
Every electric car has a MPGe rating from the environmental protection agency. That score is the environmental impact and it changes based on many factors. Yes, they do have emissions based on how much energy a car takes to do a distance.

Uh... that made 0 sense.

A mileage rating is not emissions.

And you entirely ignored the fact your claim that the "emissions warranty can be revoked" on a car that does not have an emissions warranty was also nonsensical.

Here, let me help you though-

That describes the emissions warranty the EPA enforces including a list of what emissions parts of a vehicle are covered by it.

zero of those emissions parts exist on Teslas vehicles.

Because they don't HAVE any emissions controls. Because they don't HAVE any emissions.

In 27 years not once at any dealer I’ve represented has anyone ever reversed a warranty decision or cancellation by a manufacturer. I have the ghost on my car. It IS a defect device. If caught it can cancel my warranty.

It really can't unless it's the actual cause of the problem my dude.

People can throw the Magnuson Moss act on the internet and say they know or heard someone but it’s simply not happening.

It is though. To myself, not "someone I know"- twice... Once on a modified Impala SS at a Chevy dealer and once on a modified Supra at a Toyota dealer.

And there's PLENTY of actual lawsuits in cases where unlike my experiences the dealer didn't immediately capitulate upon mentioning the law where the customer won....just a few examples-

case 1 said:
Delaney v. Dan’s Car World, the plaintiff sued the dealership for breach of express warranty, breach of implied warranty, misrepresentation, breach of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, violation of the West Virginia Consumer Credit Protection Act, revocation of acceptance, breach of the duty of good faith, and unconscionability.

Monongalia County Circuit Court Judge Susan B. Tucker ultimately directed verdicts for Caressa Delaney on her breach of warranty, Magnuson-Moss Act, revocation of acceptance, WVCCPA, and misrepresentation claims.

case 2 said:
Mady v. DaimlerChrysler Corp, Mady ultimately filed an action against DaimlerChrysler for breach of written warranty pursuant to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty-Federal Trade Commission Improvement Act...Daimler settled for $8500

case 3 said:
BURZLAFF v. THOROUGHBRED MOTORSPORTS INC- Burzlaff then sued Thoroughbred under the federal Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act and the Wisconsin Lemon Law, Wis. Stat. § 218.0171.1 A jury found for Burzlaff on both claims

Plus less than 2 years ago the FTC took direct action against Harley Davidson forcing them to change their actual warranty text because it violated the MM Act.

Trust me, I’ve been in fixed operations management for a large automotive corporation for years. I deal with warranty claims everyday.

Given the above embarrassing show you just gave I can only say... yikes.

By that logic, Tesla could invalidate the warranty for anyone who chose tires that were slightly less efficient than the OEM tires, or even if they catch you with underinflated OEM tires.

Buying boost from Tesla has literally the same change to power commanded as the boost50 from these guys and obviously does not void your warranty doing so either.

I agreeing using some of the ADDED functions could potentially cause an issue that, if they can prove that thing causes that issue, they won't have to cover that issue under warranty (but still would not "void" the whole warranty).
I would think that Tesla could argue that the cost for their acceleration boost option includes extending the warranty to cover any additional damage/wear it causes. The aftermarket device obviously doesn't.

I would think that Tesla could argue that the cost for their acceleration boost option includes extending the warranty to cover any additional damage/wear it causes. The aftermarket device obviously doesn't.

I don't think they could, because there's no "extended" warranty terms associated with the purchase from Tesla, and even if there were they'd still be bound under the MMA to the original new vehicle warranty terms covering all the original parts.

As before they could still deny any claims caused by the aftermarket boost module (let's say the extra battery heating can be proven to be harmful to a component some how as an example)-- but they couldn't deny anything not directly caused by the unit.

Uh... that made 0 sense.

A mileage rating is not emissions.

And you entirely ignored the fact your claim that the "emissions warranty can be revoked" on a car that does not have an emissions warranty was also nonsensical.

Here, let me help you though-

That describes the emissions warranty the EPA enforces including a list of what emissions parts of a vehicle are covered by it.

zero of those emissions parts exist on Teslas vehicles.

Because they don't HAVE any emissions controls. Because they don't HAVE any emissions.
You spent wayyyyy too much time trying to defend a defect device. Which is the fact you need to soak into your noggin. You plug in a DEFECT device to your cars ECU. One that fools the car.

Per the EPA…

And defeat devices are more commonly associated in the popular mind with recent major EPA enforcement actions involving alleged cheating on emissions testing of internal combustion engine, or ICE, vehicles. However, the agency has regulated EVs for more than a decade.

Just as with ICE vehicles, the agency's regulations require EV companies to perform testing to obtain a certificate of conformity for every model year of a vehicle. That testing focuses on issues such as the range of EV batteries, which inform the EV fuel economy label expressed as miles per gallon equivalent, or MPGe.”

It’s in a whole article on how the EPA requires testing for emissions and changing that with defect devices is illegal and can and will void warranties. Google it, read it. The Ingenext module is a defect device. Period. Like it or not.

You spent wayyyyy too much time trying to defend a defect device. Which is the fact you need to soak into your noggin. You plug in a DEFECT device to your cars ECU. One that fools the car.

Per the EPA…

And defeat devices are more commonly associated in the popular mind with recent major EPA enforcement actions involving alleged cheating on emissions testing of internal combustion engine, or ICE, vehicles. However, the agency has regulated EVs for more than a decade.

Just as with ICE vehicles, the agency's regulations require EV companies to perform testing to obtain a certificate of conformity for every model year of a vehicle. That testing focuses on issues such as the range of EV batteries, which inform the EV fuel economy label expressed as miles per gallon equivalent, or MPGe.”

It’s in a whole article on how the EPA requires testing for emissions and changing that with defect devices is illegal and can and will void warranties. Google it, read it. The Ingenext module is a defect device. Period. Like it or not.
I assume you meant 'defeat' device throughout your message, as in to 'defeat' the emissions controls and get more power at the cost of more emissions.

I don't think there's been any mandated MPGe yet so defeating the stuff that gets you a given MPGe is most likely immaterial.

It fools the car into thinking it is... another config of the car that is sold at retail.

A config you can just pay Tesla $ to get from Tesla. A 100% legal and approved config.

Also it's defeat, not defect.

Per the EPA…

Did you mean to have a quote from the EPA there? Because you didn't provide one.

Probably because there's no such thing as an emissions defeat device on an EV.

Since they produce no emissions.

You continue to have no idea WTF you're talking about and keep doubling down on your own ignorance.

There is no emissions testing of EVs.

Since they produce no emissions.

You are confusing emissions with an efficiency rating

Which are completely different things.

Zero of which have anything to do with emissions

Since EVs produce no emissions.

You continue to be astoundingly wrong on everything you write.

If it were an emissions defeat device it would be illegal to sell it

But of course it IS legal to sell it, since it's not an emissions defeat device. Since EVs produce no emissions.

Last edited:
Changing mpge is not the same as defeating emissions control on an ICE. The electricity may come from a renewable source, so consuming more electricity does not guarantee increased emissions somewhere.

More importantly, Tesla does that exact same thing when you pay them $2k : unlock the software locked 10% power. Somehow that’s not a problem but plugging in a 3rd party device to do the same is a problem?

How're y'all feeling about the "Allow Update" control now being gone? I'm relatively new to life with this module and I had appreciated the extra safety net for the short time I had the module installed with that functionality present.
Tbh, when I first got my Ghost Module I was pretty diligent with making sure I locked my "Allow updates" after every software update. That got old quick since the frequency of Tesla updates can sometimes be quite a lot. So yeah I left my module setup so it wouldn't block updates and just delay the software installs when they'd pop up. This way I had a little time to make sure they were good to go before allowing them to install. I never had any Tesla update forced so I figured no harm.

I currently skipped updating my Module with the latest Ingenext update. They told me it was not mandatory and considered optional if I used the Battery Pack Heating toggle. I don't so I figured why update it and who knows maybe it's just peace of mind to keep that Allow Updates feature whether I use it right now or down the road.

After learning about the Ghost module, I'm deeply considering it. I've got a picture of the motor ID, but for whatever reason, it looks like there's a 2 after 4D. I got my Y LR in August of 2023 and it's an Austin build, but wouldn't it be odd these new motors were already going to a plain Y? I definitely do not have the F in my VIN, just the plain old E.

Attachments

• 4D2.png
    4D2.png
    426 KB · Views: 5
Has anyone with the ghost or boost module had the FSD hardware upgrade? Was curious if I took the module out and had Tesla do the upgrade if it would work the same once I plugged it back in. I would think so since it’s just tied to my VIN.

I tried reaching out to Ingenext and they never replied so not sure what to do from here.