Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installing HW3 unit!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had same experience 2 weeks ago.

Went to the service center today to have them look at the leak of my passenger rear door............also have them check my battery (long other story). They informed me that I had two bulletins: 1 was to remove - Gap hiding seal - from rear door and 2 -
Full Self-Driving Computer Retrofit, Model X (North America
Only).

Nice surprise indeed.

Late 2018 MX. HW2.5, MCU2.

Went in for tire issue. HW3.0 replacement was a surprise. However, they didn’t calibrate parking sensors and now the car beeps every time it is close to curb or other cars. Scheduled another service appt to get the sensors recalibrated.

The service advisor said the mobile techs are not retrofitting HW3.0 yet. In my opinion scheduling a service center visit would get the HW3.0 quicker.

If you're reluctant to divulge your car's VIN, would you at least please tell us its manufacture month/yr?

And you, too, @vinny84.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: VikH
Late 2018 MX. HW2.5, MCU2.

Went in for tire issue. HW3.0 replacement was a surprise. However, they didn’t calibrate parking sensors and now the car beeps every time it is close to curb or other cars. Scheduled another service appt to get the sensors recalibrated.

The service advisor said the mobile techs are not retrofitting HW3.0 yet. In my opinion scheduling a service center visit would get the HW3.0 quicker.
Someone else mentioned this same thing with their ap3 retrofit.

Mine was manufactured in August of 2018 - I didn't get FSD until it went on sale earlier this year. I snatched it up for the $2k price they had. The guy at the service center said, " you must have bought the upgrade early". And again I didn't take it in for the HW3 unit. That was just purely a nice perk!

Went to the service center today to have them look at the leak of my passenger rear door............also have them check my battery (long other story). They informed me that I had two bulletins: 1 was to remove - Gap hiding seal - from rear door and 2 -
Full Self-Driving Computer Retrofit, Model X (North America
Only).

Nice surprise indeed.
MTUhoop, please go into your account and click on signature. Please add information about your car so we know the Model, Year, AP, MCU, etc. This will keep people from having to ask this information.

Everyone that does not have a signature, please add one. My signature is below this message.

Thanks!

Reactions: VikH
I had the same experience this week from the Van Nuys, CA service center. I took the car in for other issues and they added the two services. My X was delivered in May 2018.

upload_2019-11-8_15-18-3.png

Surprised they are doing this now with HW4 coming. Surely they aren't going to do a double retrofit, or maybe the original Model X will never get HW4.

• Funny
Reactions: ABC2D