Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Instructions for facelift bumper/fascia installation on nosecone Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are a few photos of the facelift bumper as it came out of the box. I apologize for the poor quality of the photos but the lighting conditions were dreadful and I should have used flash but didn't.

All of the mounting points are there for the fogs, vents, etc. The attachment points left and right for the fender well are the same as the classic bumper. There are six holes/openings for parking sensors and the like. All of the other parts arrive tonight, so I'll shoot and post some photos of those as well when I get them unpacked.

fullsizeoutput_5de8.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5de9.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5deb.jpeg

Indpowr, I really don't see the gap in your photo that so many seem to think would exist. Of course the key center part is missing.

But frankly I don't see why Tesla would redesign the hood, an expensive piece of sheet aluminum involving costly die changes, for such a refresh. But I could be wrong.

And what are the 16 brackets you're waiting on? There are only two brackets on my parts list. Am I missing something?

Indpowr, I really don't see the gap in your photo that so many seem to think would exist. Of course the key center part is missing.

I think the biggest problem (and not that big) will be access to the 12V, you may be able to keep it where it is and then get a new center part fabricated with the lighted T incorporated to then also cover the gap issue with hinged access issue to the 12V

I think access to the 12v post may be from top down. Remove the top plate in front of the frunk, here.

fullsizeoutput_5d88.jpeg

Then access the 12v post (hidden in this photo) but to the left of the circuit breaker I added (the thing with the small red lever on top). But I may be making assumptions that are not correct.

fullsizeoutput_5d82.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok so do I order the parts at the SC? Can you just walk in with a list and say please order all of this for me?

I email my service center the parts list and they place the order with HQ. Sometimes they'll have the parts in stock. For example I just placed an order this morning for new parking sensors for the facelift bumper. I speficified the part numbers and quantities and the SC placed and acknowledged the order. But you can certainly walk in with the parts list, if not for the inconvenience of having to hand deliver it.

It looks to me like you've created a good way to gain access if you need to jump the battery. What assumptions may not be correct?

Also, does the refresh bumper have more sensor holes because of AP? If so, what do you do with them?

The assumption that the snap out cover over that section remains on the refresh version.

Yes, it has more sensor holes because of AP, two to be exact at the left and right sides, I'm just going to fill them with blank parking sensors.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Canuck
As promised, here is photo of the key parts.

From the top down: Front fascia upper grille cover; front upper grille bright trim; T badge support; Tesla badge "T" front; right and left fascia support brackets. The rest are a few small plastic pieces, bolts, screws, and other assorted hardware not worth showing.

fullsizeoutput_4c13.jpeg

What was the total price for the parts listed above?