Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance on M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm trying to find sensibly priced M3 insurance and all the quotes are coming in over £1,200. I'm 39 Married, got 9 years NCB and will be parking the car off street on a private drive.

Quotes for the Kia E-Niro are coming in around £600 which seems radically different. Any suggestions where I can get a more sensible quote ?

Direct Line - came in at £300 for me (35 year old with 8 years no claims)... nearest alternative was Tesco at £1,200 with a £2000 excess - highest was £3000 with a £5000 excess with some random company I cant remember name of.

Should say this was for the M3 SR+

No doubt it's a funny business ... so many factors but Churchill came out well for me (on a SR+). Quote was last August so things have changed so probably not directly comparable ... and I'm not in a city ... and old enough to be optimum before the increases that come with serious age! I still can't quite believe the price I got and not expecting to be offered similar at renewal but it was initially offered at £216 (July 2019) and "bumped up" to £230 when I had to renew the quote after the first one expired before I got the car!

I'm trying to find sensibly priced M3 insurance and all the quotes are coming in over £1,200. I'm 39 Married, got 9 years NCB and will be parking the car off street on a private drive.

Quotes for the Kia E-Niro are coming in around £600 which seems radically different. Any suggestions where I can get a more sensible quote ?
The risk profile of someone who buys a Kia E-Niro is almost certainly very different to someone buying a Tesla. That, and the price of a E-Niro is lower. So the insurance difference isn't that much of a surprise I think.

The risk profile of someone who buys a Kia E-Niro is almost certainly very different to someone buying a Tesla. That, and the price of a E-Niro is lower. So the insurance difference isn't that much of a surprise I think.

The price difference is minimal between the E-Niro and the base M3 (certainly less than 10%) whilst I can see some argument that the risk profile is different it's not different enough to cost that much more surely.

No doubt it's a funny business ... so many factors but Churchill came out well for me (on a SR+). Quote was last August so things have changed so probably not directly comparable ... and I'm not in a city ... and old enough to be optimum before the increases that come with serious age! I still can't quite believe the price I got and not expecting to be offered similar at renewal but it was initially offered at £216 (July 2019) and "bumped up" to £230 when I had to renew the quote after the first one expired before I got the car!

Great shout with Churchill they have come in under £600 which feels more appropriate.

Reactions: Adopado
I've not insured mine yet, but things I noticed when I was researching this prior to my order:

- LV was coming out cheaper for me, and offered a cheaper price direct than through a comparison website
- adding my wife as a second driver (even though she will likely never drive the M3) strangely bought down the cost further

hope this helps.

The price difference is minimal between the E-Niro and the base M3 (certainly less than 10%) whilst I can see some argument that the risk profile is different it's not different enough to cost that much more surely.

Great shout with Churchill they have come in under £600 which feels more appropriate.
I recently had quotes and Chruchill were the best on the price comparison site . but Direct line beat them by £50. I am pretty sure they are owned by the same people since the sites are identical but DL don't have to pay referrals so a cheaper. Have you tried the DL Tesla link
https://www.directline.com/tesla
some say you get better prices than on the main site but I am sceptical about that.

Would be interested to know what was quoted with Churchill if you put in a Kia E-Niro... i really do think the average buyer of a Kia is quite different to a Tesla...

I got different quotes for Churchill depending on the search engine. £530 was the best. I have the max NCB but I get penalised as an oldie.

One tip for other oldies, if you currently have Saga and ask for a quote they won't. But that means you can cancel your existing Saga insurance and get a full refund of the unused days. Normally they would impose an admin charge - in my case it would have been £50.

I recently had quotes and Chruchill were the best on the price comparison site . but Direct line beat them by £50. I am pretty sure they are owned by the same people since the sites are identical but DL don't have to pay referrals so a cheaper. Have you tried the DL Tesla link
https://www.directline.com/tesla
some say you get better prices than on the main site but I am sceptical about that.
Before I got mine, I had a quote from the DL main website that was around £250 higher than I ended up paying using this link. I think they may be run by different departments with different pricing policies.