Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DL are offering me over £1200 with an excess of £950 for a S75! Hastings is only £800 with £500 excess. I've only tried the online DL Tesla page, may try phoning to see if they can do better.

My only worry is Hastings new car replacement small print has so much "may" this and "may" that; I get the feeling they weasel out if it more often than not.

Sorry to bump up and old thread - but as I have just gone through this some helpful advice.

DL do seem the best - but to get the best price you need to get a quote on both the website and the telephone.

First I did the website and came out at £776. Gave them a call to see if they could do better in person and they quoted £860!

So quite a difference. I saved my online quote and the telephone agent could see it now - and said the difference was due to 'website discount' - which was a bit lame.

But you can get a further reduction! Because if you have enhanced autopilot - you get a discount. But the website doesn't ask you this.

So the telephone agent plugged the enhanced autopilot into my online quote - and the final amount was £730.

This is for new model 2 75D - live in Woking - early 40's - clean license - 8 years NCD - £350 voluntary excess

First I did the website and came out at £776. Gave them a call to see if they could do better in person and they quoted £860!

So the telephone agent plugged the enhanced autopilot into my online quote - and the final amount was £730.

Thanks for the information, so they gave you £46 off for autopilot, I did phone them and they do discount for both autopilot 1+2 but I found Admiral to be cheaper even after a discount, still £800 so not exactly cheap, hope next year the prices come down.

DL quoted me about £730 don’t recall the excess but was based on this that I moved my current car and the wives over then got the 2nd car discount her car was something like £130 for the year and Admiral the cheapest wanted £320...

The cheapest I could find online was north of 1K which has silly excess :(

Still not as bad as the quote I got when I was 25 and insuring my 600cc Thundercat, one company quoted me £10K insurance the bike was only worth £5k

Just tried DL's 0800 051 0036 number and (after a minute and a half of tedious terms and conditions) I spoke to someone who had to pass me on when I said it was a Tesla I wanted a quote for - waited another 2-3 minutes with ghastly *LOUD* 'music' and then got cut off! On-line chat hasn't anyone available either - 1530 hrs on a Wed afternoon. I think I'll stick with LV for my renewal (£430 - PA61 postcode, 13 yrs NC and 57 YO male - 2014 MS60 w/Ap).

Direct Line - you are freaking hopeless!

£280 is insanely low! Great.

Watch out for Hastings and in particular their smartmiles quotes. Not that I wanted one, but their little box that they install will not work in a Tesla due to the mirriad of electronics in the car.

The premium Direct Line and any insurer provides depends on many options including speeding offences (I have 2x SP30s), annual mileage, voluntary excess (I chose £Zero), the number of years No Claims (I’m 9+) and if you choose to protect it, legal assistance etc etc. I was quoted a basic rate of £550 (I’m 62) but once I added all the extras and reduced the voluntary excess to £0 it became £900. But for a brand new £50k car that doesn’t seem too much. But thanx for the autopilot tip!

I also applied online to LV which lists itself as a Tesla M3 insurance provider. Filled out the form which included my Drivers Licence details. Then when it went to Quote it came back “ We dont insure that Car!”
I’m outraged and very pist off. Have complained. Demanding £100 compensation and that they delete ALL my data.
I got £150 from Aviva yesterday for a series of mess ups. It’s the only way you can bring these companies to task!

I also applied online to LV which lists itself as a Tesla M3 insurance provider. Filled out the form which included my Drivers Licence details. Then when it went to Quote it came back “ We dont insure that Car!”
I’m outraged and very pist off. Have complained. Demanding £100 compensation and that they delete ALL my data.
I got £150 from Aviva yesterday for a series of mess ups. It’s the only way you can bring these companies to task!
Same happened here, they only had LHD in the drop-down though. I'm already insured with them so figured I'd phone them once I have a delivery date.