Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good to see another Lincoln owner and prices you've been quoted aren't too dissimilar to mine.

Off topic question, have you had a charging point installed as yet? I'm struggling to find a local installer that's approved for the grant.
I have a Zappi as I have solar Panels. An old colleague from way back when became an installer and he did mine. He is in Market Deeping, Cawoods Electricians.

They did a good job and install various chargers and are OLEV accredited

Reactions: Christiez
Arranging my M3 performance for collection tomorrow. Got a quote form Churchill that was ok at just under 500 quid and a bit less than Direct Line.

For myself however, and I think this may be overlooked, is that both DL and Churchill (who are owned by DL) provide poor green card cover.

Post-Brexit, which may or may not happen in October, green cards must be carried when driving to Europe. Living in Northern Ireland close to the border I need a permanent green card to drive into the republic. Churchill only do maximum of 90 days per year. Anyone else in Northern Ireland or in Kent may want to review this if travelling into Europe is important.

• Helpful
Reactions: Foucault
Not sure if anyone used Compare the Market | Get 2 for 1 Meerkat Meals and Movies
But I tried but if you look under CAR (without reg) you can select Tesla, but they don't list Model-3...

I contacted them through online chat and they provided me with the following link:
https://m.quote.comparethemarket.com/Car/NewQuote?AFFCLIE=ER71
That does have the Model 3 and works pretty well...
I got a quote from Direct Line for £1193 (6000mls, no NCD (recently transferred to the UK))

Here are the comparative quotes (6000mls, selecting private, pleasure, commuting & business), with no NCD:
CompTheMarketQuote_6000mlss.png

Here is the detail on e.g. the Admiral one:
Admiral_quotedetail.png

might be worth checking for any of you that are collecting in the near future...

£2k + £3k excess

Think something is still up with the model 3 quotes...

It is making me a bit antsy - I signed for the lease today, so there'll be a £500 non refundable deposit (until I receive the car, but will lose it if I back out). I'm waiting for my current insurer, Aviva, to give me a ball park figure as they are having to contact the under writers to get more details - they only have the M3 Performance on their systems.

UPDATE: Aviva will not insure model 3s....

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Rooster6655
I spoke to LV and they're doing M3 quotes as a MS for now, until the M3 is available on their system.
Mine was almost double the Churchill quote for SR, so I've no clue until they can actually offer an M3 quote.

That's interesting, my LV quote was 100 quid less than churchill which was 100 less than DL. LV do annual green card, anything else is a deal breaker. LV also include flat battery recovery for electrics so very happy.

Yes its actually an MS policy that may increase once the M3 is on their system but hopefully not by much.

I contacted them through online chat and they provided me with the following link:
https://m.quote.comparethemarket.com/Car/NewQuote?AFFCLIE=ER71
That does have the Model 3 and works pretty well...
I got a quote from Direct Line for £1193 (6000mls, no NCD (recently transferred to the UK))

That link works great for me and slightly less than the LHD quote I got.
Admiral cheapest for me by a country mile, over £500 less than Direct Line and nearly £1000 less than Chuchill!

25 Year old male, 7 years NCD. Will have a further play later adding my parents as named drivers etc to see if I can reduce it any further.