Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Strangely the quote I got via Admiral earlier this week on Compare the Market was 850 ish, is now 1200 with exactly the same details.
Luckily the earlier cheaper quote is saved ready for my reg number on Monday!

Also even stranger, I got a great quote around the 700 mark from LV, click the link and the website errors.

My Churchill quote doesn't show LHD or RHD, but I've just re-quoted and it's cheaper again
Strangely the quote I got via Admiral earlier this week on Compare the Market was 850 ish, is now 1200 with exactly the same details.
Luckily the earlier cheaper quote is saved ready for my reg number on Monday!

Also even stranger, I got a great quote around the 700 mark from LV, click the link and the website errors.
Same for me, DL and Chrurchill now show errors when I try to retrieve my quotes.

Don’t waste any time with LV. Spent time last adding in all the detail for both myself and the wife and at the very end of the process when you click on ‘get quote’ it just results in a landing page with ‘we don’t insure on this car’.

This is despite the car being available in the websites drop down menu. So they capture all your details and decline it on the final screen.

Don’t waste any time with LV. Spent time last adding in all the detail for both myself and the wife and at the very end of the process when you click on ‘get quote’ it just results in a landing page with ‘we don’t insure on this car’.

This is despite the car being available in the websites drop down menu. So they capture all your details and decline it on the final screen.
Try phoning them. They do insure the car, it's just that their website does not work well.

Reactions: curmudgeon
Try phoning them. They do insure the car, it's just that their website does not work well.

Don't bother phoning LV nobody has had anything decent from them and they quote on a Model S and say when they get details for the Model 3 they will change your premium, clearly not prepared.

Slightly impossible when Tesla are contacting some people out the blue for a collection that week!

Do a Quote 30 days out every week until and hope for the best :/

• Funny
Reactions: Gareth Davies
Don't bother phoning LV nobody has had anything decent from them and they quote on a Model S and say when they get details for the Model 3 they will change your premium, clearly not prepared.

Do a Quote 30 days out every week until and hope for the best :/
Agree with this, not worth bothering right now, they don't insure the M3 yet, they insure it as MS, and it's expensive.

Reactions: Rooster6655
Disagree with the LV comments

After I got a quote from Direct Line of £700+ despite multi car & named driver discounts I used CompareTheMarket.com

LV was cheapest by far (£460+ Comp inc UK breakdown cover and legal cover)

Rang them using the reference number & phone number provided - all sorted

This is for M3 LR AWD

Last edited:

After I got a quote from Direct Line of £700+ despite multi car & named driver discounts I used CompareTheMarket.com

This is for M3 LR AWD

I've just had a friend send me an LV quote. They must have added the M3 properly in the last two days.

Reactions: Rooster6655

This is for M3 LR AWD

ok I take it back LV are now the cheapest for me beating NOVO using the comparethemarket site definitely only just updated in the past 4 days, so worth a try for everyone picking up soon and even those that have already picked up as you can cancel within 14 days and usually just pay the £20 insurance tax.

I just got a quote from Direct Line which I am pretty happy with: £694.40 for a SR+ for myself (28) and my partner who is 24. That is about half what the other providers quote on CompareTheMarket although LV are not showing up for me when I ran it?

Compare the market is still showing 2.5k on mine. DL is 750, Churchil is 790.

Someone wrote off my car (was all on his insurance, not mine), so I have to put that in as it's from 2017. Other than that I have 6 (7 in December) NCD, car will be parked at home on a drive most of the time as I WFH, so I would have a SDP cover as I don't commute (but go into the office in oxfordshire about once a month or so).

Frustrating! Worried that my DL and churchill quotes will expire and go up.

OK thanks for that I'll try going that route, or maybe do it the old fashioned way and phone them

Just use the comparethemarket link as phoning them is going to be a lot of hassle and my quote ended up being much more expensive than this comparethemarket one by about £600+

I’ve just done a comparison on compare the market, and LV are by far the cheapest for me, unbelievably cheap in fact: £241.81.

I’m 60, clean license, in Derbyshire.

This must be one of the cheapest quotes I have ever heard of!

Interestingly though for me the SR+ was about 15% more than the LR/P!

Last edited: