Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had loaded the data 2 times previously online LV system, only to find they didn't have Model 3 SR on the dropdown list,
This time I tried to fill in the details quickly and it wouldn't quote me as I had got the date of my accident wrong.
Accident was someone hitting me, so I don't think I am paying too much for this and I have Full NCD and 52 years old.
Anyway after a great deal of hassle, I have a quote for me and misses of £500. Not bad for £37K car I suppose.

Direct line wanted to charge £700 while LV wanted £430.
Direct line offers 36% for no claims discount while LV is 80%. I think this is one of the reasons why there might a price difference.

Worth mentioning, Without no claims, LV would have cost about £2000, DL around £1000.

Massive excess of £700 + £500 but Churchill came back at £570 for me. 9 years driving, 9 years NCB and an SP30 / 3 points from last year.

I've gone with them. And crossing my fingers that I don't need to use them!

Similar cost to me, choosing them also. (I also have 9yrs NC (Company car) & SP50 (2016) 3 points)

Did you add on Legal & courtesy car?

My Excess was £900 (C = £550 Vol = £350)

Try getting a quote from Churchill online (part of Direct Line group). I got a very good quote for Model 3. £230 (high excess of course ... which is what I want ... no point making claims of a few hundred for all the hassle and subsequent increased premiums).

Watch out for max length of time for courtesy car. I was going through an old LV policy a couple of days ago and it was max 14 days which for some Tesla issues may not be long enough - I suspect other insurers may have similar restrictions, but worth checking incase some do not.

Legal cover was included for me and a small 1litre Hatchback was incl. as a courtesy car (which, if it's a VW Up! I'd be more than happy with... I love that little thing! ;p)

You have to be careful about this when getting quotes. I tried some "what if?" quotes to see how an accident of points would affect my premium. Next time I came to renew, the insurer flagged that I hadn't made them fully aware of my driving history until I explained myself!

Was it Admiral/Elephant? they are terrible for that. There are some nasty stories out there where people got theoretical quotes for mods that they never had. chipping, new alloys etc. Then Admiral tried to charge them for them and would not remove them without an inspection report ( at your expense of course).
I nearly got caught but they had to back down because the quote in question was a year old and had been re-submitted by an aggregator without my knowledge near the renewal date. They also waited until 1 day after the 14 day cooling off period after my renewal to hit me with this "new" information.

If you are doing any of that you need to do it in a false name.