Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm also with LV for MS Raven LR. Came in crazy low premium, especially by adding our other small EV too. The excess is high (£1000 ish if I recall) but I can live with that as the premium was around £450 with full no claims.

Reactions: Roy W.
I just compared my meerkats (because that’s a totally normal thing to do at this time of the morning) and Hastings Direct came up cheapest. I’m already with them for two cars so maybe adding on to the existing multi-car policy will be beneficial.

However, I’m intending to sell both of those cars before the policy renews and the Model 3 would be the only car insured at that point. Anyone done this? Do I need to tell them before hand or just play dumb and hope it works out? Would I be better off just having a separate policy for the Tesla? Never broke down a multi-car policy before.

I'm having my insurance as part of my lease deal, but thought I'd run a quote to aid the man maths justification. LVE, £656 for me and my OH on an M3P with 10k miles, living in low-crime Suffolk. They were by far the cheapest too! Didn't really know what to expect, but it was still on the high side of my guesstimate.

What you folks doing about GAP? I see DL offer “new car replacement” for the first year of a new car. Looks like will only need to get it year 2+.

I would be non-finance so would like repay-invoice cover at least.
Best GAP deal I could find last year was with www.totallossgap.co.uk

It cost me £202 for three years combined return to invoice and vehicle replacement.

Reactions: Maz0
Great information in this thread. I pick up my M3LR in about a week so have been shopping for insurance. I'm moving from a company car to purchasing the Tesla privately(due to switching jobs) so have been working through which insurers will give me credit for having no claims on my company car... so far Admiral has been the cheapest by doing a multicar deal at about £1100 for both cars - which is the same price I've been quoted for just the Tesla so it's about a good as I think I'm going to get.

I know also some insurers will accept company car history but I haven't gone down that route yet as I'm still getting a letter from my employers insurance company to confirm my driving history.

But I was curious to see how much the '0 years NCD' was impacting the price and so I added '5 years NCD' to see the difference and the quote went UP by £200 to over £1300; set the NCD back to 0 and it went down again. Can't understand the logic. :)

Great information in this thread. I pick up my M3LR in about a week so have been shopping for insurance. I'm moving from a company car to purchasing the Tesla privately(due to switching jobs) so have been working through which insurers will give me credit for having no claims on my company car... so far Admiral has been the cheapest by doing a multicar deal at about £1100 for both cars - which is the same price I've been quoted for just the Tesla so it's about a good as I think I'm going to get.

I know also some insurers will accept company car history but I haven't gone down that route yet as I'm still getting a letter from my employers insurance company to confirm my driving history.

But I was curious to see how much the '0 years NCD' was impacting the price and so I added '5 years NCD' to see the difference and the quote went UP by £200 to over £1300; set the NCD back to 0 and it went down again. Can't understand the logic. :)

They mess with quotes if you try to play the game with them, I have 14 NCB and still it’s close to £1k

I’ve being doing various quotes since early February in anticipation of collecting my M3P, they have varied hugely in price and I have found that if you go into a saved quote to amend dates then the policy increases.

Prices also vary massively between the 3 main comparison sites even though they quote for the same companies. I found CompareTheMarket to be £200 cheaper than Confused.com and GoCompare for the same cover.

In the end, Elephant Multicar was the cheapest at £1079 for both the M3P and an Audi S5. Which is a great price as the cheapest quote I got for the M3 was £992 with Admiral. Elephant also recognise the Tesla GPS as a tracker.

• Informative
Reactions: markst1 and Durzel