Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Integration with Google Home / Google Assistant - Now available for general use

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A new version of this app has been deployed. It supports Window Venting, Charge Port Control and Homelink Control.

New commands:
vent windows
close windows
open charge port
close charge port
trigger homelink
activate homelink
Yeahh!!!! Closing windows works from either venting or full opened position (2017 AP2 MCU1 X) - Thank you!

A new version of this app has been deployed. It supports Window Venting, Charge Port Control and Homelink Control.

New commands:
vent windows
close windows
open charge port
close charge port
trigger homelink
activate homelink
Is it possible to add these new commands to the first page of this thread? Would be helpful for newcomers.

Right now Google Home action and the two Alexa skills (EV Car and My Tesla) all do the exact same thing. The original idea was to have EV car branch off to handle other connected vehicles but I have no immediate plans to do that right now.

I get "Isn't supported on this device". Managed to link it via the web though... just can't seem to use it. Is this an iPhone issue or a Canada issue?

edit: nevermind, works via the assistant app not the google home app. Still trying to understand how this thing works!

for those less familiar with Google Assistant and looking to change the name of "EV car" - Google has now moved on from "Shortcuts" to "Routines"

goto your Google Home app; tap on your user icon (Letter in Circle) top right of screen
tap on "Assistant settings" from the menu
tap on Assistant
scroll down to Routines
tap on "+ Add a Routine"
Tap on "Add Commands (required) >"
example you could change
"EV Car" to "your cars name"
or add a routine "Get car ready" with a sequence of commands to warm it up, set the seat temps, open the garage door etc
.. have fun

Last edited:

New commands:
vent windows
close windows
open charge port
close charge port
trigger homelink
activate homelink

Great app! I have a number of routines setup now :)

Is "unlock charge port" also included? I tried the command and it just says "charging cable connected".
I would be really useful to have this as I find it a pain to get my phone out to unlock when removing my charger cable. Thanks.

Great app! I have a number of routines setup now :)

Is "unlock charge port" also included? I tried the command and it just says "charging cable connected".
I would be really useful to have this as I find it a pain to get my phone out to unlock when removing my charger cable. Thanks.

You can say "open charge port". If a cable is plugged in, it will unlock the port.

This version should also handle wake timeouts in Model 3s better.

Wondering if there is any update on this issue? EV Car is great...if the car is awake...otherwise I have to get into the Tesla app to wake my car first, which defeats the purpose of what I am trying to do: "Okay Google, get ready to leave" would give me state of charge and turn on HVAC. I tried issuing a dummy command at the beginning, then go off and do some extra stuff like tell me the weather, tell me about my commute, tell me a joke and then try the range and HVAC commands, but the car is still not awake, even though from the Tesla app the car wakes up in just a few seconds.

Does the count to 100 trick actually work? Does it eventually wake up on its own?

Architecturally, can EV Car add a command to "wake up my car" and then keep re-checking the car for wake status in a loop (until a really large number of attempts were unsuccessful)?

Is this actually a Tesla API bug? I wonder why the app works well, but 3rd party apps wouldn't. I thought 3rd party apps were basically just copying the Tesla app API calls.

Not to sound like a whiner on my first post in this thread, so I'll close with my thanks for a really great job with this. When the car is awake and EV Car works, it is marvelous. So thank you!