Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interesting talk with Tesla Support on software 2019.16.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i upgraded to 16.2 a few days ago without any major issues but today i was rising on the I95 express lanes near Miami and noticed a lot more “ghost braking” than in prior releases. Not sure if it is autopilot or one of the new safety features but I ended up driving on “manual” the rest of the way.

My 16.2 upgrade didn't go so smoothly on my MS. First of all it initially said it would take about 20 minutes, in fact it took close to 45. Then when completed I had the white box that said Upgrade complete, performing checksum or something to that effect. It never went away. After waiting a few minutes I decided to press the skip track button on the wheel which resulted in the media player playing a track. I then pressed on the brake to start the car. I was able to put it in gear but I also got the 'Software Upgrade Required' message. After driving for a mile both screens rebooted. Still kept getting the Software Required message. I also did not have Cruise Control or AP, those were lost. Chatted with support and they issued a redeploy of 16.2. This time it took and has been fine.

Yesterday I had a mobile tech replace a module in my drivers side door for my door handle. He said he has requested a software deploy as the software in the module is not the same as what the car currently has. I should expect that upgrade to come thru shortly. Well its a day later and still no software upgrade yet so I assume they are slowly releasing 16.3 and that I should be getting that in the coming days.

2019.16.2 broke my Dashcam and Sentry Mode functionality, in that they both only produce empty 595-byte files with no video. The events snd folders and files are correctly created, but just no video. Not USB-drive related as I already tried a bunch including an SSD and it worked fine before the update. Hard and soft resets to no avail.

Will try keeping Sentry Mode disabled this night to see if that helps because of it then going to sleep.

No issues with 2019.16.2.

No media issues; homelink still works as before; navigate on autopilot seems to work better (even though there was no mention of NoAP updates) as it negotiated several challenging interchanges flawlessly on a test drive following the update.

Still have an issue with an intermittent right camera in Sentry Mode, but that was pre-existing.

Hi guys! Just a brief update. Tesla pushed 2019.16.2 (a19d0e4) last night, and it fixes all the current bugs. This is a bug-fix release, and contains to feature enhancements.

Edit: 2019.16.2 (73d3f3c) was the initial buggy release.

Interesting. I have the 73d3f3c build. I’m waiting for a software push as I had a drivers side handle module replaced couple of days ago. Wonder if I will get .3 or this new .2 build.

Hi guys! Just a brief update. Tesla pushed 2019.16.2 (a19d0e4) last night, and it fixes all the current bugs. This is a bug-fix release, and contains to feature enhancements.

Edit: 2019.16.2 (73d3f3c) was the initial buggy release.

I don't see any 2019.16.2 (a19d0e4) release on TeslaFi, but I do see a 2019.16.3.2 (a19d0e4), so I suspect that's what you mean. That version is being pushed fairly heavily, with 10.6% of tracked Model 3s now using it.

Right after my 16.2 upgrade, my phone speaker in the car immediately stopped working. Then it kept asking me to tap my Tesla card to start car, even tho my phone key was enabled for 7 months. 10 days later the car would not engage in morning after a wall plug charge, and we got warning notifications:
Car needs service
Car may not restart
Unable to charge
Unplug & try again
12V power reduced
Vehicle may shut down unexpectedly
Please wait while until vehicle systems power up

I tried the toggle wheel reset 2 times to no avail, and the service rep on the phone tried a remote upload of the 16.2 patch. I was able to drive for a day, then it went kaput again in a city street parking space. My next service call yielded a tow truck to Vancouver Service, a five hour drive away. That was Thursday, today Monday nite, and still no word on diagnosis or repair plan. And how the heck do we get our car back?

2019.16.2 (73d3f3c)

Bluetooth is wonky, straight summon doesn't work as it can't connect- reboot doesn't help. I've had my phone key not work numerous times, had to airplane it.
Lost homelink control twice - reboot fixed it

Right blinker camera does not record.
Sometimes when I get in the car and begin driving it tells me a bunch of stuff is disabled and contsct Tesla only to disappear immediately.

Pretty buggy release