Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior storage in Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes there are front door pockets. The center console under the 17" touchscreen has storage and can be covered. You can put some inserts in that storage area to create two additional cup holders in addition to the two cupholders between the front seats. There is no storage under the arm rests in the upper area of the center console.

It's funny (or not) how less expensive vehicles have so much storage. My Honda is loaded with cupholders, door bins and flexible seating options. :confused:

This! I'm not actually bothered by it, though, to be honest: I'm just hurting for some aftermarket products to help with this. I'd love to see some sort of storage solutions that mount / slide underneath the front seats; or possibly something that attaches to the posts underneath the middle-row seating?

But yeah, I'm actually really happy that the vehicle itself is so open, without a lot of plasticky interior moulded components … just this giant, flat floor, with the seats floating above it. It makes it feel like a passenger vehicle / mini-bus, instead of a moulded car ‘compartment.’ Really differentiates it from the feel of a sedan.

Reactions: Ormond
Bump, good place to put this because it’s about interior storage space in general.
Needed to move 20” wheels to the local shop, tried to put them inside and the result was possible but not great.
https://flic.kr/s/aHskKwRByT
wheels inside shrunk.jpg

Reactions: vandacca
Bump, good place to put this because it’s about interior storage space in general.
Needed to move 20” wheels to the local shop, tried to put them inside and the result was possible but not great.
https://flic.kr/s/aHskKwRByT
View attachment 196522
I ended up taking two trips in exactly this situation; because I didn't want rubber-streaks all over the seat-backs and every exposed vinyl surface in the car.

I have the seat backs wrapped in XPEL, so that should help. I also purchased the Tesla Tire Totes, which should help keep the interior clean and protected during transport. I'll have to decide when I get the tires changed (at the end of October) if I need one or two trips.

I ended up taking two trips in exactly this situation; because I didn't want rubber-streaks all over the seat-backs and every exposed vinyl surface in the car.
These were new tires and I protected the surfaces but the thought of bringing back the dirty tires is what really pushed me to put the wheels on a trailer for transport instead even thought the travel distance was short. When it comes time to swap wheels for winter I may just have to have these all-seasons shipped back home from the service center which is not at all near by.

I have the seat backs wrapped in XPEL, so that should help. I also purchased the Tesla Tire Totes, which should help keep the interior clean and protected during transport. I'll have to decide when I get the tires changed (at the end of October) if I need one or two trips.

I've got the tire-wraps as well; but I was still paranoid-as-hell about those scratchable seat-backs.

Now I've got mine XPEL'd as well, so I'm a little less worried — but I'm still probably not gonna try and stuff 4x road-dirtied wheels into my Model X, tbh. Just gonna pick up one of those tiny Home Depot trailers. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

These were new tires and I protected the surfaces but the thought of bringing back the dirty tires is what really pushed me to put the wheels on a trailer for transport instead even thought the travel distance was short. When it comes time to swap wheels for winter I may just have to have these all-seasons shipped back home from the service center which is not at all near by.

Why are you having the service-center swap seasonal wheels, if it's so far away? It's a really basic operation — if you're lazy, like me, have a Firestone do it … and if you're not, you can do it yourself, untrained, in about an hour the first time, or ~25 minutes thereafter. Just need a jack.

Why are you having the service-center swap seasonal wheels, if it's so far away?
That's a topic for a tire thread. I have to buy winter tires and have them put on the now tire-less rims.Having the SC take care of that makes it easy to get Tesla's choice of tire. Local shops want to sell me tires I don't want. Alternative is to buy online and bring tires and wheels to shop and that sounds like work.

That's a topic for a tire thread. I have to buy winter tires and have them put on the now tire-less rims.Having the SC take care of that makes it easy to get Tesla's choice of tire. Local shops want to sell me tires I don't want. Alternative is to buy online and bring tires and wheels to shop and that sounds like work.

Hm. I won't keep going off-topic in here; but personally I just buy my tires on TireRack, which ships them directly to the installer. ¯\\_(ツ)_/¯

In keeping with the off-topic thread, I did just order tires from tire rack because it seems that there is only one option for my car from Tire Rack and from Tesla and now I don't have to stuff them inside. Not much work after all.