Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

International Centre delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I waited about 3 hours past my time, had some cosmetic issues, no interior walk around, and 23% charge. Pretty disappointed by the experience, despite friendly staff. But like everyone else said, once you drive off all of that melts away.

I test drove You You Xue's car, and the ride, handling, and everything is MUCH MUCH better in the newer builds.
What was your time slot?

What was your time slot?

I was yesterday late afternoon. By the way, if it helps anyone else feel better (it did for me) keep in mind they are rushing these deliveries to try to get everyone their cars pre-election. Everyone gets a truncated delivery experience, but they're trying to ensure we Ontarians get our $14k rebate.

I waited about 3 hours past my time, had some cosmetic issues, no interior walk around, and 23% charge. Pretty disappointed by the experience, despite friendly staff. But like everyone else said, once you drive off all of that melts away.

I test drove You You Xue's car, and the ride, handling, and everything is MUCH MUCH better in the newer builds.

Yes the drive home was very nice. Car handled beautifully. I didn't notice any issues. I may find them over the next little while.

Appointment 2:45 yesterday. Arrived around 2:15 just in case. Got my car at around 9:30. 7+ hours wait was tough. Again, same MTO issue.
Clearly MTO is a bottleneck. Why not send 2 people to two different locations to make the MTO process twice faster? Also the whole idea of copying the SC process is not great. Sure in SC they try to make the experience 'personal" by locating you in a group of 5 other new owners. Locating people in 200+ people crowd takes some extra time on top of the time wasted on MTO. Why not give people numbers and call or show them on the screen? That would be less personal, but hey, better than sitting there for hours. The staff tried their best, poor people. If I was by myself it would be OK. Not great but bearable. Bringing my wife (it was her birthday present) was kinda tough; she clearly didn't expect to sit there for 7 hours. At the end the major storm started and we took the delivery under the heavy rain (the final steps happen outside, why bother bringing each car inside then?) customers and stuff were soaking wet. This delivery was something else LOL.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Falkirk
I was yesterday late afternoon. By the way, if it helps anyone else feel better (it did for me) keep in mind they are rushing these deliveries to try to get everyone their cars pre-election. Everyone gets a truncated delivery experience, but they're trying to ensure we Ontarians get our $14k rebate.
Yeah worth it for that 14k. But what about those who have deliveries after the 7th? I've seen some going up to 9th or 11th. Does this mean Tesla thinks they have a few days before changes kick in?

Yeah worth it for that 14k. But what about those who have deliveries after the 7th? I've seen some going up to 9th or 11th. Does this mean Tesla thinks they have a few days before changes kick in?
There's definitely a few days. It takes at least a week for all the process around the previous government resigning, lieutenant government appointing a new premier, setting up transition teams, etc. Even for something like photo radar where cancelling it ASAP was a key campaign promise it took 8 days. Ford doesn't like the EV rebate, but I doubt it's in the top 20 things he cares about. It hasn't even come up in the election campaign. I will be surprised if it's gone before September.

The EV rebate specifically may not be legislation, but the cap and trade system is, and unwinding the whole thing will take time. I expect the EV rebate will get eliminated as a part of that process.

All this assumes he even wins, a very far from certain conclusion right now.

4:09 just saw the car, 87% charge. It’s gorgeous. Onwards to the paperwork...

Attachments

• 5899E7C9-D4BB-42F4-B3E7-678E623A3D3F.jpeg
    5899E7C9-D4BB-42F4-B3E7-678E623A3D3F.jpeg
    353.4 KB · Views: 57
My DS said they'd refund me any overpayment, so I'm getting a larger bank draft just to make sure I have enough. If they have an issue with it despite the email, they should have worked on getting the final numbers to me sooner.