Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inventory M3 now available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Checked this a couple of times and now see they have the exact spec of car I'm waiting for but in the "performance" model with 18" aero wheels... and a bit cheaper than the standard LRAWD by the look of things! Happy to lose 20 miles of range for this but really would prefer to update my order rather than buy and cancel existing. Trying to phone the store I bought from, since they are open until 8 today apparently.

Edit: Whilst waiting for phone to be answered, had a look at how the prices is worked out. It's the price AFTER the UK government plug-in grant has been deducted. So my original order (LRAWD MSM with white interior) was £48,240 after this was deducted and the inventory car is listed as £49,990, which is after the grant is deducted as well. In my excitement I was comparing the base price + paint/interior with the listed price on the inventory page.

Ah well. Guess I'll continue waiting... Unless it's worth upgrading for the price?

Last edited:
Plenty coming through there now :)

I spoke to a chap at the Leeds SC (couldn't get through to the Manchester SC at all) as i'd like to test drive an M3P before I put the money down, and i requested a test drive a few weeks ago but heard nothing back (at least they're consistent in providing poor comms). He stated that they have cancelled all test drive appointments and are focussing on pushing the orders out at the moment.

I'm ever more keen to get test driving now that these are available and I won't have to wait months to get my hands on one. I want an M3P in MSM but have reservations around the ride quality - willing to go down to the AWD on 18s if ride quality is as hard as people say and the road noise is quite bad. But if all is okay after test drive then I will keep my eyes peeled for a M3P in MSM.

I explored the leasing route but the excess mileage charges were a killer on the deals I found so not worth the risk for me.

Fingers crossed for inventory orders!

It really depends what you are comparing to with the noise. I have a 10 year old BMW 5 series m-sport. My new M3P- is noticably louder, especially on the motorway. Ride quality is about the same.

It's one of the trade offs I knew I would be making going for this car. I hear the model X is a bit better but at 40k more! As is the etron.... but it's not a Tesla!

My point being is I would not want to make It any worse than what it needs to be, but It really depends what you want out of the car. At the end of the day you don't buy a track ready sports car with noise and ride quality very high up the list!

Checked this a couple of times and now see they have the exact spec of car I'm waiting for but in the "performance" model with 18" aero wheels... and a bit cheaper than the standard LRAWD by the look of things! Happy to lose 20 miles of range for this but really would prefer to update my order rather than buy and cancel existing. Trying to phone the store I bought from, since they are open until 8 today apparently.

Edit: Whilst waiting for phone to be answered, had a look at how the prices is worked out. It's the price AFTER the UK government plug-in grant has been deducted. So my original order (LRAWD MSM with white interior) was £48,240 after this was deducted and the inventory car is listed as £49,990, which is after the grant is deducted as well. In my excitement I was comparing the base price + paint/interior with the listed price on the inventory page.

Ah well. Guess I'll continue waiting... Unless it's worth upgrading for the price?

I’d say £1.7k for the performance upgrade is definitely worth it over the long term ownership and you won’t really being losing any range if you drive as you would a LR as the wheels are what reduce range further on the P+

It really depends what you are comparing to with the noise. I have a 10 year old BMW 5 series m-sport. My new M3P- is noticably louder, especially on the motorway. Ride quality is about the same.

It's one of the trade offs I knew I would be making going for this car. I hear the model X is a bit better but at 40k more! As is the etron.... but it's not a Tesla!

My point being is I would not want to make It any worse than what it needs to be, but It really depends what you want out of the car. At the end of the day you don't buy a track ready sports car with noise and ride quality very high up the list!
Yeah I get where you're coming from:) If i'm honest, I would probably only take the car on track occasionally. The reason I want that particular version is because it looks a lot more aesthetically pleasing for me - the 20" alloys look great and the red brake callipers really stand out well with the colour combination :cool:
I have had cars with stiffer suspension and low profile tyres in the past and they have been fine for me (I have made been fine with compromising ride comfort for performance), but this car will be used by family too so I have something else to consider, and i'd rather not fork out £50k+ on something that I haven't had the chance to properly check out - it's a lot of money to spend without adequate due diligence (my business brain kicks in :confused:).

Yeah I get where you're coming from:) If i'm honest, I would probably only take the car on track occasionally. The reason I want that particular version is because it looks a lot more aesthetically pleasing for me - the 20" alloys look great and the red brake callipers really stand out well with the colour combination :cool:
I have had cars with stiffer suspension and low profile tyres in the past and they have been fine for me (I have made been fine with compromising ride comfort for performance), but this car will be used by family too so I have something else to consider, and i'd rather not fork out £50k+ on something that I haven't had the chance to properly check out - it's a lot of money to spend without adequate due diligence (my business brain kicks in :confused:).

I was in exactly the same position. I love the look of the 20" wheels compared to the aeros... but then I thought, I am going to be in the car most of the time - not looking at it! Even the AWD 0-60 in 4s is going to be one of the fastest things on the road. Realistically I am not sure how often you would use the full performance power off the track - maybe only just the occasional blast off the lights to impress you mates... but again that did not warrant the sacrifice for me. The P3- is the best of both worlds and is going to be extremely rare in a few years time.

If you can get to a store go talk to them. They upgraded a few people (me being one) from a LR AWD to a P- for free to get us a car in September.

They modified my existing order rather than making me a new one so I kept my trade in valuation etc.

The store is about an hour and a bit away from me. I'll try phoning them today when they open today.

Decided later last night that it is worth the upgrade but didn't want to risk fouling things up in any way (got a trade-in on my order and used a referral code originally). I see someone has snagged the car from inventory this morning but I guess more will come? Will try my luck. At least another avenue to explore now!

The store is about an hour and a bit away from me. I'll try phoning them today when they open today.

Decided later last night that it is worth the upgrade but didn't want to risk fouling things up in any way (got a trade-in on my order and used a referral code originally). I see someone has snagged the car from inventory this morning but I guess more will come? Will try my luck. At least another avenue to explore now!

You can still use a referral code when ordering the inventory, they will sort trade in quotes within 48 hours, obviously may change if you have done more miles.

Can't be sure that there will be many more P- unless they are already on the way as nobody can order them from new orders so these are likely excess unmatched inventory on the site, also likely to be a price increase if more are sent in the future.

Last edited:
Phoned Bristol store (where I previously did the test drive and placed the order). There apparently are more P- matching my spec. Just waiting for a call back to confirm and arrange to have my order modified. Hoping that it goes ahead as now I really want this one!

Price-wise... It's actually the same price as if I'd ordered the LRAWD now rather than back in August.

Reactions: Rooster6655
Phoned Bristol store (where I previously did the test drive and placed the order). There apparently are more P- matching my spec. Just waiting for a call back to confirm and arrange to have my order modified. Hoping that it goes ahead as now I really want this one!

Price-wise... It's actually the same price as if I'd ordered the LRAWD now rather than back in August.

You should try and get them to match your AWD price from when you ordered. They did this for me only a couple weeks ago. It ended up being £52k with FSD (after the 3.5k grant)

You should try and get them to match your AWD price from when you ordered. They did this for me only a couple weeks ago. It ended up being £52k with FSD (after the 3.5k grant)

I managed an upgrade from a white LRAWD to a black P- for no change in price. Worth pushing for that.

Collecting from Stockport tomorrow. No sign of a reg yet though.

Hadn't heard back yet (was expecting a call sometime after mid day) so called again. The staff that have access to the relevant parts of the system to look at deliveries and modify orders aren't in today. So not sure where another P- was seen by previous person I spoke to.

Need to call back tomorrow to speak to someone who has access. Apparently it's fine to just place an order from inventory and then cancel off the old one but I'd need to call to transfer the trade in over. Also referrals might not work with inventory purchases.

Also referrals might not work with inventory purchases.

Referrals do work just make sure you use a new link, when you click through to the individual car you'll get a popup with the free miles message.

I'd order soon if you have one in mind as their inventory online is diminishing rapidly 23 now was 37 this morning, my trade in with an extra 2k miles and 2 months later only reduced the price by a couple of hundred

Last edited:
Only 4 cars remaining on the website now.

Phoned the store, spoke to a member of staff that had access to the deliveries system but they can only see deliveries that are coming for this month, if I get in touch in a couple of days time they should be able to see what's coming in October.

I mentioned price matching but as I suspected they don't intend to do this beyond the end of the month.

It looks like most of the inventory stock has been allocated to us over here in Ireland. No deliveries at all here until last week. 12 cars delivered last week & people have started getting calls in the last 48 hours about confirmed deliveries in the next few weeks which looks very similar to the cars that were on the UK surplus inventory

It looks like most of the inventory stock has been allocated to us over here in Ireland. No deliveries at all here until last week. 12 cars delivered last week & people have started getting calls in the last 48 hours about confirmed deliveries in the next few weeks which looks very similar to the cars that were on the UK surplus inventory
That’s good to hear :) I hope whoever takes the MSM M3P+ that I cancelled in error enjoys it! I’ll patiently wait for more to come through in inventory :)