Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inventory M3 now available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after ordering my car at the beginning of August and gradually realising the "September" estimated delivery was somewhat optimistic I started browsing this forum. It's been nice to learn I'm not alone in my frustration and there are a lot of people in the same boat (or hopefully their cars are in the same boat).

Earlier this week I started getting the SC VINs appear in my account (and then promptly disappear again), and about the same time I noticed the Existing Inventory option for the Model 3 disappeared too. Up to that point the Existing Inventory had sporadically shown a handful of cars available, or when none were available it was an empty list.

This could all be coincidence but as I haven't got a model 3 to drive around I have nothing better to do it made me wonder whether there was some link. I can only assume a car was assigned to my account and then for some reason only known to Tesla UK they unassigned it. What happened to this car? I'm wondering if these unassigned cars are now in effect Inventory and therefore they have had to remove the Existing Inventory link until they complete their assignment?

So after ordering my car at the beginning of August and gradually realising the "September" estimated delivery was somewhat optimistic I started browsing this forum. It's been nice to learn I'm not alone in my frustration and there are a lot of people in the same boat (or hopefully their cars are in the same boat)....

I placed an order at the start of the month. I received a call from Tesla to confirm my order (not delivery date, sadly) and they said a boat was due end of October with delivery some time in November. What did your call say? (If anything?) :)

They called you! All I got was text messages setting unrealistic expectations of end of August then September, the finally a text saying they'd had unprecedented volume and then radio silence. I rang them after the appearing/disappearing SC VINs and that's when they said that they were assigning cars from the ship (Grand Dahlia I assume) that's due the end of October and I should hear shortly.

That's what made me wonder where all these unassigned cars that seem to be in the system are currently assigned. Assuming they were telling the truth and I will be assigned one soon. Maybe they are effectively inventory cars until they finish assigning them.

That's what made me wonder where all these unassigned cars that seem to be in the system are currently assigned. Assuming they were telling the truth and I will be assigned one soon. Maybe they are effectively inventory cars until they finish assigning them.

It wouldn't surprise me - loads listed over night and unless they sold 15 inventory cars by 10AM, given there haven't been any listed for a week I'm not sure how many would be looking, I'd say that was sombody sat down and started manually matching them. But until orders are matched they're also available to buy. Doesn't make you feel good if you've a custom order, great if you're ready to buy when you see a car you want.