TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

IRO DashCam - Model S AP2 unboxing

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Daniellane, Sep 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Graffi

Graffi Member

I have ALWAYS been this way. I tried deleting and re-installing but nothing works. I hope you have better luck than I did.

2. Daniellane

Daniellane Active Member

I have not tried live video on iOS 12 yet. Picking up my Xs next Sunday. I will test then.

3. dedicatedtek

dedicatedtek Member

is the app not on Google play store anymore (android) ?

4. Toppatop55

Toppatop55 ~Life Is Good~

For those with older iPhones and are on an earlier iOS, are you able to view live video? I assumed this might be a result of the new operating software but I could be wrong. I’ve tried to contact the app developer to no result and now it feels like I’ve been duped. Spent $200 plus on a dash cam that doesn’t do what it advertised.

5. Daniellane

Daniellane Active Member

This has always worked for me on iOS. Although, the only time I’ve found it useful is to adjust the filter. Otherwise, I just swap memory cards periodically and offload the video files to a hard drive after deleting all the useless footage of the interior of my garage. Then I delete all the files off the card.

6. Jan Fiala

Jan Fiala Member

No, was pulled off from Google Play completely. No idea why or how to replace...

7. Jan Fiala

Jan Fiala Member

Are you aware of the loop recording function which basically does the same as you do manually?

8. Daniellane

Daniellane Active Member

Yes,
    It’s enabled.
    I’m archiving my clips, when I want to preserve interesting drives.

• Like x 1
  9. Daniellane

Daniellane Active Member

Just checked this morning and it is still on the Apple App Store.

10. dedicatedtek

dedicatedtek Member

11. Daniellane

Daniellane Active Member

I have found this seller to be responsive and helpful despite the obvious language and time difference barriers.

12. WayneG

WayneG Member

The Ebay links don’t seem to work... dies anyone have a working link to the AP2 model?

13. Daniellane

Daniellane Active Member

14. Pagemakers

Pagemakers Member

#154 Pagemakers, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    A couple of questions if I may:

1. Does it start to record as soon as you start the car without having to turn anything on or press any buttons?
    2. For those that have it recording permanently, how does it impact battery life?
    Just re-read this topic regarding point 2 and it would appear the answer would be the impact is almost nothing...

15. Daniellane

Daniellane Active Member

Yes to 1
    It seems to continue recording ror a bit after you get out of the car. I forget how long but at least a minute. Same is true for Tesla camera recording in v9

16. Pagemakers

Pagemakers Member

Mars does that panel simply pull off?

17. Pagemakers

Pagemakers Member

Thanks to Daniellane and everybody on this thread. I purchased off ebay (£100 cheaper than the same thing on Amazon). Arrived 3 days later to the UK.

Installed and all working well.

1. In the app what is “loop recording”?
    2. In the app what is “WDR recording”?
    3. I see 2 apps. 1 called IRO and one called Lerccenker. They look the same. Are they?
    4. For anybody who has wired this 24/7 - coming from the camera I see 3 cables. Red, black and yellow. What happens to the yellow wire?

18. Toppatop55

Toppatop55 ~Life Is Good~

Ok.... I just figured out a work around for those of us that have the iro cam and are getting the dreaded black screen on iPhones. It appears the the since apples past few updates where they keep your WiFi and Bluetooth connected regardless of whether or not you toggle off the switch in control center. I to get your phone connected and be able to view the live video and live recording, simply put your device in airplane mode before connecting to the iro cam. Until the app is updated, this is the only work around other than not updating your phone. Hope this helps someone.

19. Pagemakers

Pagemakers Member

In don’t have this issue. iOS 12.01 iPhone XS Max.

No black screen.

20. Alxdo2

Alxdo2 Member

Is their a version for cars with AP1? I have a 2016 with the face lift with this work?