Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IRO DashCam - Model S AP2 unboxing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those with older iPhones and are on an earlier iOS, are you able to view live video? I assumed this might be a result of the new operating software but I could be wrong. I’ve tried to contact the app developer to no result and now it feels like I’ve been duped. Spent $200 plus on a dash cam that doesn’t do what it advertised.

This has always worked for me on iOS. Although, the only time I’ve found it useful is to adjust the filter. Otherwise, I just swap memory cards periodically and offload the video files to a hard drive after deleting all the useless footage of the interior of my garage. Then I delete all the files off the card.

This has always worked for me on iOS. Although, the only time I’ve found it useful is to adjust the filter. Otherwise, I just swap memory cards periodically and offload the video files to a hard drive after deleting all the useless footage of the interior of my garage. Then I delete all the files off the card.

Are you aware of the loop recording function which basically does the same as you do manually?

A couple of questions if I may:

1. Does it start to record as soon as you start the car without having to turn anything on or press any buttons?
  2. For those that have it recording permanently, how does it impact battery life?
Just re-read this topic regarding point 2 and it would appear the answer would be the impact is almost nothing...

Last edited:
A couple of questions if I may:

1. Does it start to record as soon as you start the car without having to turn anything on or press any buttons?
  2. For those that have it recording permanently, how does it impact battery life?
Just re-read this topic regarding point 2 and it would appear the answer would be the impact is almost nothing...
Yes to 1
It seems to continue recording ror a bit after you get out of the car. I forget how long but at least a minute. Same is true for Tesla camera recording in v9

Thanks to Daniellane and everybody on this thread. I purchased off ebay (£100 cheaper than the same thing on Amazon). Arrived 3 days later to the UK.

Installed and all working well.

1. In the app what is “loop recording”?
  2. In the app what is “WDR recording”?
  3. I see 2 apps. 1 called IRO and one called Lerccenker. They look the same. Are they?
  4. For anybody who has wired this 24/7 - coming from the camera I see 3 cables. Red, black and yellow. What happens to the yellow wire?

Ok.... I just figured out a work around for those of us that have the iro cam and are getting the dreaded black screen on iPhones. It appears the the since apples past few updates where they keep your WiFi and Bluetooth connected regardless of whether or not you toggle off the switch in control center. I to get your phone connected and be able to view the live video and live recording, simply put your device in airplane mode before connecting to the iro cam. Until the app is updated, this is the only work around other than not updating your phone. Hope this helps someone.