Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is 24.6 vision-only in US cars?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. I just got 2022.24.6. I think I came from 2022.20.8. The release notes in my model 3 made no mention of Tesla vision, but I've seen other people reporting that this release transitions radar equipped cars to vision only. I'm in the USA. I didn't find anything clear when I poked around the internet. Thanks!

Edit: actually I guess this thread has the most relevant information on this question... I few lines down!

Last edited:
Thanks! That's what confused me as the release notes in my car did not mention Tesla Vision. But I see in that link that the release notes in the car may actually not mention the transition to Tesla Vision. I guess the way I could fully confirm it is to try to set the autosteer top speed above 85 mph.

Thanks!

Check if you have release notes under 2022.20 section. Otherwise, check if minimum distance was increased from 1 to 2.

1662231378423.png

Thanks. Mine is a June 2019 build which had radar. I just tried it out, and it did limit the max speed to 85 mph so I think that means the radar is now turned off. I'll also see if the minimum distance went from 1 to 2 the next time I use it.

Edit: It does show up under the 2022.20 release notes! Strange that I missed it.

Thanks everyone!

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
On my release notes for 2022.24.6, there is no mention of Tesla vision. Tesla vision does now appear under the "2022.20" release notes farther down the screen. I never received the 2022.20.9 update, I was previously on 2022.20.8. I had thought the 2022.20.9 update brought Tesla vision to the 2022.20 branch.

Per the link in post #2 of this thread:

Editor's note: This feature applies only to select vehicles. It will also only show up under the 2022.20 release notes and not the 2022.24 release notes that are shown after installation of the update.

So I think the release notes are retroactively updated for the 2022.20 branch if you skipped 2022.20.9. That's my theory.

Thanks everyone!

Thanks. Mine is a June 2019 build which had radar. I just tried it out, and it did limit the max speed to 85 mph so I think that means the radar is now turned off. I'll also see if the minimum distance went from 1 to 2 the next time I use it.

Edit: It does show up under the 2022.20 release notes! Strange that I missed it.

Thanks everyone!
I have a TMS Sept. 2018 Europe. Got 2022.24.6 yesterday, and lost radar.
Noticed any difference in ap after the update?

So I just tried to set the following distance to 1 and could not. 2 is the lowest it would go. So everything is consistent with radar being removed.

XPsionic: so far it's too soon to tell if anything is different. I also don't use autopilot very often in general, so I'm not the best person to give an opinion.

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
Autosteer and Phantom braking are much the same as before. Distance 2 only is idiotic. Have not tested Auto Wipers and Auto Lights.
If that you said is correct please make a re calibration of your cameras is not normal ! If you make a distance of 1 phantom braking is normal because the car react to late on my S 0 phantom breaking only under trafic lights on highway 1or 2 my distance is set to 3

Thanks everyone!
Is your car on HW2.5 or 3/FSD?