Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is 48k a good price for a ‘16 75D with ext warr?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also keep in mind that if you get this from tesla, there will be no free supercharging on it.

I'd look for private sales too. I think with some patience a better deal can be found.
I feel like free supercharging is one of those “nice to haves” but has little monetary value. At most I’ll supercharge the car 1-2 times a year. Even if you’re supercharging often, the cost to do
so is minimal.

It is a decent price. I paid $54k a few months back for a '16 90D, with pretty much the same features other than mine was pre-nose-cone refresh. I go back and forth all the time on whether I should have held out for an AP2 or spent a bit more to get a standard range 2019.

No matter what you can't go wrong with an S, but coming from Lexus, the one thing I really wish I held out for was the air suspension - the coil suspension is just harsh imo.

It is a decent price. I paid $54k a few months back for a '16 90D, with pretty much the same features other than mine was pre-nose-cone refresh. I go back and forth all the time on whether I should have held out for an AP2 or spent a bit more to get a standard range 2019.

No matter what you can't go wrong with an S, but coming from Lexus, the one thing I really wish I held out for was the air suspension - the coil suspension is just harsh imo.

Air suspension is a wash to me with the roads I traverse. The Raven suspension, I hear, is amazing and smooth.

What would be a good list of questions to ask the advisor before i have them ship the car out to me? Also curious how long it generally takes them to coordinate shipment of a vehicle from coast to coast and actually finalize/deliver the car?

Have them confirm AP1 or 2?

Can i push for month end/quarter end deals/upgrades since this is a used/inventory car?

Ask if free supercharging is included?

Damage history?

The pictures show it badges as a 70D, but listed as a 75D... which means it must’ve been uncorked, or do they sometimes swap the entire battery?

• Disagree
Reactions: cucubits
I feel like free supercharging is one of those “nice to haves” but has little monetary value. At most I’ll supercharge the car 1-2 times a year. Even if you’re supercharging often, the cost to do
so is minimal.
Agree with this. I made a big deal out of free supercharging until I took my wife's 3 on a recent road trip. The cost of supercharging was ridiculously low....don't be swept up with the free supercharging!

When I got mine (June 2016 build) 3 months ago, the pictures showed it was a 70D, but the sales guy said as part of the sale it would updated at no cost to a 75D (a software unlock update) from 70 to 75. I also requested it be uncorked and they did that too (but I have no way of proving that other than "testing" it myself which is open to debate as I've never done a test like that and I don't know how accurate that would be.

I paid USD$56K for mine and it had 16K miles (with an additional 4 years and 50K miles bumper to bumper warranty and Free SC for life). Fully loaded with every single option other than Ultra High Fidelity stereo and 21 inch rims. I live in Canada and prices are generally higher for everything compared to the US

It was one of the images of the actual car on Tesla’s site. For me personally, the advancements from AP1 to AP2 aren’t enough that would sway me one way or another. FSD would be nice, but i don’t want to pay a premium for something now with an unknown rollout date
Keep in mind that second owners of AP2.0 cars are not eligible for FSD upgrade - it's been reported here that Tesla refused to sell FSD to AP2.0 cars after they have changed owners.

Keep in mind that second owners of AP2.0 cars are not eligible for FSD upgrade - it's been reported here that Tesla refused to sell FSD to AP2.0 cars after they have changed owners.
The original owner purchased FSD as shown on the Monroney sticker provided to me by Tesla. I expect Tesla to fully honor that and upgrade my 75D AP2 S to the FSD hardware when FSD is finally released. Provided I live long enough.

Can you expand on this a bit if you don’t mind?
I've driven from St Louis to Florida multiple times. I get on interstate 64 and activate NOA. The car pretty much drives itself. Passes and changes lanes, merges from interstate 64 to 57, and exits at first supercharger without my intervention. I of course pay attention and maintain a slight pressure on the wheel, often with one finger. Arrive at destination much less fatigued. That's my experience YMMV.

Reactions: SilverGS