Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is any MCU1 car actually on FSD Beta yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is the matter of being told by the company that the cars had all equipment for FSD and if it turned out that they didn't the equipment would be up graded at no cost until they were compatible with FSD. A year ago the company stated that FSD Beta was available to all owners who had paid for FSD. In the statements previously posted the company admits that is not true. That MCU1 is not compatible with FSD. The question is what are they going to do when they release V12 which is not Beta but just FSD.?

Is there anyone out there with a mcu1 hw2 or 2.5 that hasnā€™t purchased FSD? If so, please go to upgrades on your screen to see if Tesla will charge you 12k for the fsd upgrade. If that option is there please take a screen shot as post it asap!! We have some in the community trying all they can to get this rectified for all of us stuck in the mcu1 fsd mess!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess we need a class action suit to get them to upgrade us to MCU2. That be less expensive than developing software for an inferior offering when it was promised and we paid a premium.
Service just confirmed to me today that I have to wait until the development team prioritize the mcu1, or pay to upgrade to mcu2

Reactions: m5james
Just got my MCU1/FSD back from service getting cameras 2 days agoā€¦ still no sign of FSDā€¦ I was told by the service manager that MCU2 was required for FSD and that they could not do the camera upgradeā€¦ I told them I would contact Tesla regarding a refund since I bought the car from them in Sept and it was advertised as having FSDā€¦. They went ahead and did the camera upgradeā€¦ I guess they know the lawsuits will be coming if they donā€™t start delivering!
Funny you say that - How to sue Tesla over historical claims

So all of you can pay some coin to get FSD 11.4.4 but youā€™re upset and sitting on your hands?
Being that we already paid for FSD, the vehicles were advertised as being FSD capable, but now we haven't gotten it for nearly a year...some are sitting on their hands, some are suing. If you were told you bought beach front property but the address took you to Arkansas, wouldn't you be pissed or would you "pay some coin" and suck it up?