Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is any MCU1 car actually on FSD Beta yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my car back and they said it may take another couple of months for the rollout to Tucson, AZ. They told me it was a regional rollout and there was nothing they could do.
The answer is on Tesla's website. I don't know why they say BS, but Beta isn't rolling out to the NVidia Tegra processor until a further update. Those cars are still frozen due to the recall.

No users with any MCU are being added currently, but most assume they are waiting for 11.4.X to go wide.

The answer is on Tesla's website. I don't know why they say BS, but Beta isn't rolling out to the NVidia Tegra processor until a further update. Those cars are still frozen due to the recall.

No users with any MCU are being added currently, but most assume they are waiting for 11.4.X to go wide.

So, the folks on the first page of this thread who have MCU1 and FSDb (like Landspeeder) got lucky to get the FSDb before Tesla shut the rollout down

That sounds like bullshit to me!
It's 100% pure 💩...

Tesla service lies basically all the time. They'll say anything to make you go away and hit their metrics.

I think the issue is that the Tegra2 gpu (also found smart phones circa 2011) in the instrument cluster probably isn't up to the task of visualizing the complex scenes shown in FSD 11.3.x and up...

I expect Tesla will do nothing about this and wait for folks to pay them to upgrade to MCU2...

I had hoped that the Tegra issue would keep the recall open and delay rollout to all new vehicles (HW4 and post Feb 16 subscribers) based on the FSD recall page about the rollout being paused.

If Tesla unpauses the rollout, MCU1 folks would be right to complain to the NHTSA and possibly start some sort of class action against Tesla.

Some truthful communication from Tesla that manages our expectations would be nice, but I wouldn't expect it.

Reactions: m5james and Solar40
I got it! With MCU1! I thought it would never happe
PXL_20230612_200133476.MP.jpg
n.

Reactions: Krash
I just don't understand how I went from having FSD for a week to having it taken away w/ ZERO information, even a ballpark, as to when it'll come back. I've even put in a service ticket to reset it so that I could continue using FSD Beta 10.69.3.3 (2022.8.10.10) until the new update comes out...nothing.

I expect Tesla will do nothing about this and wait for folks to pay them to upgrade to MCU2...

If Tesla unpauses the rollout, MCU1 folks would be right to complain to the NHTSA and possibly start some sort of class action against Tesla.
While completely unrealistic, I've been hopeful the richest man in the world would throw some generosity out in the form of doing the upgrade for free since we know the cost vs what they charge are two different things.
Ballpark of X's made from '15 - '18 = 48k x $2200 (retail, not cost) = $106 million, which is still like .045% of his networth and/or the equivelant of $106 to someone who makes $235k a year...then he's not paying people to make software for an outdated MCU.

The question is how long do we wait until contacting NHTSA?