Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Autopilot Making other Drivers Angry?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He did that because he was upset that the OP accelerated dramatically when he first tried to pass. OP’s speed is all over the place. Obviously that’s no excuse for road rage.

Nothing about a car speeding up when you're coming up the side is anything new or interesting.

It happens so often that I can only assume people suddenly realize how slow they're driving so they speed up. It's annoying, but nothing to cause me to brake after I pass them.

Reactions: APotatoGod
d8c.gif

• Funny
Reactions: swaltner
There is huge difference between statues, and how things are actually enforced.

It's a two lane road with stop lights. There is no expectation that someone is going to get over to the right. How could there be when you have to get over to the left to take a left at a stop light?

Yes there is a expectation. Ever heard of "Keep right except to pass" If there are faster cars on the road, you should always move to the right. It is very frustrating to see folks, I assume like yourself, that seem to believe that it is okay just to sit in the left lane. Yes, you never have to slow down because of cars turning. But all the cars behind you are complaining about you. You are happy, but others aren't.

Try thinking of the folks behind you.

Yes there is a expectation. Ever heard of "Keep right except to pass" If there are faster cars on the road, you should always move to the right. It is very frustrating to see folks, I assume like yourself, that seem to believe that it is okay just to sit in the left lane. Yes, you never have to slow down because of cars turning. But all the cars behind you are complaining about you. You are happy, but others aren't.

Try thinking of the folks behind you.

Trying actually reading a post, and not starting a disagreement where there isn't one.

It's entirely dependent on the road, and the flow of traffic.

Obviously on a 2 lane highway that has very few stop lights I'll pass on the left, and get over to the right. I'l treat it just like I do a freeway without stop lights. This is assuming I'm familiar with the road, and the right lane isn't just going to end soon.

But, on a road with a 45mph speed or less speed limit that has quite a few stop lights fairly often there is absolutely no point. Sure there are people trying to go crazy fast, but all they end up doing is annoying everyone by swerving around and then ending up stopped at a stop light with everyone else. Plus people are pulling into the middle lane to get into the left lane. It's just too busy/crazy to bother with the whole get over to the right. No one does as there is just too much going on.

Generally speaking unless someone is driving really slow the average time to get through lots of stop lights is pretty much the same. If I have traffic coming up ahead why would I bother getting over?

It's an entirely different situation than a free flowing road with larger spacing between stop lights where you can actually get somewhere by going faster.

Some states actually specify the speed limit of the roads where the stay to the right law is going to be enforced. Like Colorado does this.

Last edited:
“And it ought to be remembered that there is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things. Because the innovator has for enemies all those who have done well under the old conditions, and lukewarm defenders in those who may do well under the new.” —Machiavelli, The Prince, 1552